PDA

View Full Version : Do hardware reviewers EVER give an actual BAD review?

Brk
05-06-02, 12:36 AM
For years now I've read reviews at "enthusiast" sites, and yet have I to find a review of a piece of hardware that could be categorized as truly poor. I'm sure there must be some and granted I don't read every single thing out there, but by and large it seems they're all in either the 4-of-5 stars or 8 out of 10 or the like.

Is this just to keep the manufacturers supplying the reviewers with new hardware, or am I just being an ass or what?

LT-73
05-06-02, 01:07 AM
My guess is they just want to make money, the consumer is the one that'll get a headache, go thru all the motions of trying to a) get an exchange cuz the store they got it from won't honor his/her 31 day-old recipt b) if they did right a bad review they wont make a dang cent.
No matter how you slice it, it still comes up peanuts :D

And no you're not being an ass :)

wip3out
05-06-02, 06:57 AM
I think your righ most reviewers like to keep the hardware suppliers happy so that they get more stuff sent to them for review. I think a good place for many computer game related reviews is www.ign.com I feel that they don't tend to Bullsh*t you too much and I've seen some nice 2/3 scores there. :D

My other advise would be to come here and other such forums and ask us (the people) if what you want to buy is any good. This way you will get first hand experience of whether it's a pile of crap or not. :D

Brent
05-06-02, 08:33 AM
give me a bad product and i'll give it a bad review

we tell it like it is, always have, always will

check out our VIA KT333 review on the [H] you will see we really do tell it like it is, even if we have ads from said company, if they put out a product that just doesn't do anything or have improvements we are gonna tell it, it helps you the user, AND the company in question because they can see the faults in their hardware and hopefully improve upon them the next go around

Brent
05-06-02, 09:18 AM
here's teh review i was talking about

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/chipsets/kt333/index.html