PDA

View Full Version : Cd-ROM Ejects

Jeremy
05-04-02, 12:27 AM
One of my cd-r discs isn't read in all cd-rom drives. After burning several sessions on it with nero, only three of five computers can read it. They were a 48x generic cd-rom, a 16x10x40x cd-rw drive, and my 12x8x32x cd-rw drive. When i inserted it into my 52x cd drive (and another one), mine ejected it after trying to read it for about 30 seconds. If the 52x cd-rom drive is newer than the burner, why won't it read the cd-r? My old 4x cd-rom drive even read it.

Rainbow
05-04-02, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately thats the way it goes sometimes. The software will usually tell you it may not be readable in all cd roms. Not much you can do except put the same cdroms that will read the disks in all the machines and sell the others:)

CableDude
05-04-02, 08:08 AM
Maybe the 52x one is dirty? :confused:

The 4x one is probably too old. I've had this problem in the past where a burned cd would not work in an older drive.

RoundEye
05-04-02, 02:14 PM
I've found that burning the disk at a lower speed helps sometimes.

Also make sure you aren't burning the disk at a higher speed then the media is rated for.

crazyjw1971
05-04-02, 02:15 PM
I think it has something to do with the modes that you use when u do multisessions. I've created MANY coasters messin around with burning Mulitisession CD's. Hell with it!

Jeremy
05-04-02, 04:11 PM
It was actually the 4x CD-ROM that could read it fine. Also, my 52x cd was able to read it after i tried again. The 52x LG one that didn't like it was brand new out of the shop because the old 48x one was dead. I'm guessing that the cd was kind of messed. I did get two buffer underruns on it after all, but it appears to work fine now ;) .