PDA

View Full Version : Very cool Enermax case, finally found a review

YeOldeStonecat
04-24-02, 05:50 AM
http://www.gamepc.com/reviews/hardware_review.asp?review=5190al&page=1&mscssid=&tp=

master7
04-24-02, 06:04 AM
whoa! wicked case!

YARDofSTUF
04-24-02, 08:01 AM
i think that case is so annoying

tHE_0ne
04-24-02, 03:37 PM
sweet, that case owns

Onethenumber2
04-24-02, 10:13 PM
way over priced

RoundEye
04-25-02, 05:59 PM
For some reason that case reminds of the old tv show Battlestar Galactica (http://www.kobol.com/).

MikeyMan
04-26-02, 09:34 AM
That is the ugliest case I've ever seen.

There's about 2 square feet of total room in there. If I just had the money laying around, I'd rather buy 4 2100 XPs instead of a case... :)

Ken
04-26-02, 09:38 AM
Although I can't agree with some of the introductory commentary, the case has a unique look to it. (I think that I have read every review out there on high end cases in the last 4 months...)

My personal preference is full tower, as mid towers just don't have enough room. Keeping in mind that components get out dated and changed, but the case will be with you for a long time...

If you are on the market for a new case, YOSC, let me know and I will share some of my research and reasonings with you...

I know that it says you can remove the side brackets that holds extra fans, although it doesn't mention the integrity of the case afterwards... It seems they were put there for more than one reason...

Also, I know that you have shown a lot of like and interest in the superfast HD's. I would be very careful mounting a 15,000 RPM Cheetah at an angle... This can't be a good thing for the plates and most manufacturers state horizontal or vertical mount is OK, but not on an angle...(Trust me, you would not want to mount one of these HD's without having some exterior air coming in directly on it, and I really would not want to rely on the heat coming off off them to try and cool my other components. IOW, you need to mount the superfast hard drives up top in a 5.25" Exterior bay... ;) )

Just some things for you to think about...
Ken

YeOldeStonecat
04-26-02, 12:24 PM
Not in the market for it, just threw up a link for a wild case. I'm more than happy with Antec cases, love my 1030b SOHO case.

Never thought about the hard drive on a angle aspect, although I can't see how it would hurt...the gyro effect of the platters will always wear in one direction, be it horiz or verti, or diag.

And yes, massive cooling on those 15k drives......I haven't heard them in a while, miss the sound.

Ken
04-26-02, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
Not in the market for it, just threw up a link for a wild case. I'm more than happy with Antec cases, love my 1030b SOHO case.

Never thought about the hard drive on a angle aspect, although I can't see how it would hurt...the gyro effect of the platters will always wear in one direction, be it horiz or verti, or diag.

And yes, massive cooling on those 15k drives......I haven't heard them in a while, miss the sound.

Hey YOSC,
I can't say for a fact, but I have read from manufactures sites, saying horizontal or verticle mount is OK, but not angled or diagonal... I believe that Seagate has it on their site, not sure, but I will check when I get a minute. I just remember making a mental note to not mount a HD on an angle after reading it...

Each one of my pet cats sit inside of an awesome Lian-Li aluminum heat sink and have a modified face with 3 each 40x40X20mm blowing fresh air through the heat sink. And each has a bottom cooler pulling air off the circuit board side...

I gotta say that Lian-Li has the most awesome HD heat sinks to be found! They are great, but I hated the face grill and them only having 2 each 40mm fans.
You wouldn't believe the modding that took place to adapt 2 different HD coolers together!! heheheeheeheh *Ken patting self on back!*
Philip did take pics and we will post them when the time is right... ;)

RoundEye
04-27-02, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Ken
......*Ken patting self on back!*......

....and RoundEye kicks him in the ass! (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=664683#post664683) :rotfl:

Ken
04-27-02, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by RoundEye

....and RoundEye kicks him in the ass! (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=664683#post664683) :rotfl:

I hear ya! At least I haven't scratched mine!...Yet!! heheheheh :D

RoundEye
04-27-02, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Ken

I hear ya! At least I haven't scratched mine!...Yet!! heheheheh :D

Don't say that, I think at this point I would have rather cut off the tip of my finger.

I may have to pull the front off, sand it down, prime, paint, clear coat and compound it again.

I may just live with that scratch.

Ken
04-27-02, 01:01 AM
Could you "accent" it? Paint a diff color around the buttons or add a small bezel type plate to cover it?

You might take a look here:

http://www.locustom.com/main_frames/main_items/vShoppingCart-5-PayPal/vitem-2.htm

Just an idea, but it might work...

RoundEye
04-27-02, 01:04 AM
The trim that goes around the power/reset switch will hide most of it. I may just touch it up and clear coat it again.