PDA

View Full Version : some pics of my spankin' new Lian-Li!!!!



Blisster
03-09-02, 03:45 AM
so here are some pics of my new Lian-Li I scored off Ebay for $140. This is my first custom rig...specs follow pics.....
http://home.pacbell.net/rhuurrr/Lian1.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/rhuurrr/Lian2.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/rhuurrr/Lian3.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/rhuurrr/Lian4.jpg


The light is a bit low in my 'office' at night so, sorry. I'm generally horrible at cable management so any pointers are appreciated.

here it is from top to bottom:

Lian-Li PC-7 w/ window mod
Sparkle 300W PS
Abit KR7A-RAID
AMD AthlonXP1600
Thermaltake Volcano7(with sensor mod)
512MB Crucial PC2100DDR SDRAM
Thermaltake Active memory Heatsinks
ATI Radeon8500LELE @ 275/260
some generic pci slot fan
SBLive! 5.1
Kingston NIC
Pinnacle IEEE firewire card
Maxtor DiamondMax 12GB HDD
Maxtor DiamondMax 60GB HDD
3 Enermax 80mm intake/exhaust fans

etc
etc

ColdCathode to come shortly......

Any suggestions to some 'beginner' mods i should do ?????


:D :D

J

BaLa
03-09-02, 03:49 AM
dunno about mods
but the cables could be a bit more neat, other than that; looks nice, good job ;)

Blisster
03-09-02, 03:51 AM
yeah, not sure how to deal with the little random wires, spd/df, mostly fan wires....any suggestions?

J

BaLa
03-09-02, 03:56 AM
well looking at it more closely...
it looks like about 2-3 of those wires are from/for your fans...

if you can 're-route' those (of course at this point it's not an airflow issue anymore..)

RoundEye
03-09-02, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Rhuurrr
........I'm generally horrible at cable management so any pointers are appreciated..........

Here's a few pointers for you. I have two cd-roms, four neon tubes with two ballast, five fans, floppy, two hard drives and two custom made LED modules in my old case. The small Lian-Li case, PC 30 I think.

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg7.jpg

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg6.jpg

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg3.jpg

NuclearHeadache
03-09-02, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Rhuurrr
yeah, not sure how to deal with the little random wires, spd/df, mostly fan wires....any suggestions?

J

Consider buying or making a fanbus. You can learn more about them here (http://www.fanbus.com) You can but them from that site too.

NuclearHeadache
03-09-02, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by RoundEye


Here's a few pointers for you. I have two cd-roms, four neon tubes with two ballast, five fans, floppy, two hard drives and two custom made LED modules in my old case. The small Lian-Li case, PC 30 I think.

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg7.jpg

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg6.jpg

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/roundeye/sg3.jpg

What exactly does that heatsink on the hdd tray cool? Just wondering cus I have a few left over.

RoundEye
03-09-02, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by NuclearHeadache


What exactly does that heatsink on the hdd tray cool? Just wondering cus I have a few left over.

It helps cool the hard drives. What I did was drill and tap the heat sinks and screw them to the hard drive cage. I put some Artic Silver on the heat sinks and a very thin layer of standard white compound on the sides of the hard drives. With the fans blowing over the heat sinks it helps cool the drives big-time. After leaving the PC on for a week, the drives were still cool to the touch. The RAM was hot as hell, but that was probably do to the high FSB. :D

mvern2
03-13-02, 11:21 PM
Round Eye...what do ya going in that rig of yours?