PDA

View Full Version : Switch mod..

CiscoKid
03-05-02, 09:48 PM
I'm starting to work on my new case starting with the switches and LEDs. My question is, what guage of wire should I use for them? as well, what can I do fo the power and LED connectors?

Christopher561
03-05-02, 10:49 PM
i just take cable splitters and use that wire for the mods i was gonna take the leds from my dads car and use then he said ok cuz hes gonna get a new one dont know what to use it for theres i think 30 leds in it!!

CiscoKid
03-06-02, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Christopher561
i just take cable splitters and use that wire for the mods i was gonna take the leds from my dads car and use then he said ok cuz hes gonna get a new one dont know what to use it for theres i think 30 leds in it!!

What cables would I cut? Different guage wires for different jobs...

NuclearHeadache
03-07-02, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by CiscoCert

What cables would I cut? Different guage wires for different jobs...

I used 18 guage for everything... Leds, baybus, fanbus. I heard 16 guage works fine too. I used solid wire for the internals because they flex and stay in shape much better than stranded but stranded will work just as good. And used stranded on the wires leading to the fans and from the baybus to the fanbus.

CiscoKid
03-07-02, 11:29 PM
Thanks. Another part of my question is if it would be possible to rig something to connect a toggle for use as the power switch or should I use the switch connect from another case?

NuclearHeadache
03-08-02, 09:19 AM
Thanks. Another part of my question is if it would be possible to rig something to connect a toggle for use as the power switch or should I use the switch connect from another case?

you want to use a toggle to turn on your computer?
Sorry if I'm mistaken here.

CiscoKid
03-08-02, 12:04 PM
Yeah. See, I'm building the case myself, so I need to get all that stuff myself...

NuclearHeadache
03-08-02, 02:13 PM
If you can get the switch and wires from the other case, I would ditch the switch and connect a toggle to the wires. This way you'll have proper connectors for the motherboard and an awesome looking power switch. Me thinks me should try this mod myself...... :D

Thanks for the idea sucker MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! :2cool:
jk man

I would do it if I didn't pay a tone of dough for this lian-li.

Good luck

CiscoKid
03-08-02, 06:56 PM
thanks. Now I just gotta find the right unused case to cut the connector off of...

NuclearHeadache
03-08-02, 09:28 PM
Just use an old speaker connector. It fits on the power pins and you won't have to rip out a power button from another case.

CiscoKid
03-09-02, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by NuclearHeadache
Just use an old speaker connector. It fits on the power pins and you won't have to rip out a power button from another case.

You talking about the case speaker?

NuclearHeadache
03-10-02, 02:50 AM

You talking about the case speaker?

yes