PDA

View Full Version : I thought of an effective and cheap way to filter dust.



click_here
02-11-02, 08:31 PM
I have 3 80mm intake fans,and my box is on the floor>
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-013F.JPG
and in the front,there is no real good way to put the normal fan filters on>
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-015Fm.JPG
so for .59 cents,I went to home depot and bought a home ac/heating filter>
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-014Fm.JPG
and just cut a piece out,and now it filters the entire intake area!
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-016Fm.JPG
and it is working perfect,what do ya think? :)

NuclearHeadache
02-11-02, 09:30 PM
A very good idea man. Nice case too, very clean in there. You can also use dryer sheets. They smell good and most are static free.
Those antecs are so versatile.

click_here
02-11-02, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by NuclearHeadache
A very good idea man. Nice case too, very clean in there. You can also use dryer sheets. They smell good and most are static free.
Those antecs are so versatile.

thanks :) I really like my Antec,here are some more pics,I am a little proud of this box.

http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-009F.JPG

http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-010F.JPG

Brent
02-11-02, 10:36 PM
very very sweet

i have 2 antec sx1030b's very nice cases

i was extremely cheap and just used a paper towel lol, it worked just fine, caught all the dust and let plenty of air through, i used a real thin one...

Christopher561
02-12-02, 12:31 AM
DAMN IT !!! i should of bought that antec at compusa for 59 bucks it was the black version of yours!

YARDofSTUF
02-12-02, 06:37 PM
yepp antec owns!

mikemean
02-12-02, 07:31 PM
I hear panty hose works good too.

click_here
02-12-02, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by mikemean
I hear panty hose works good too.


thats not a bad idea either. :)

Jim
02-13-02, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by mikemean
I hear panty hose works good too.

Yeah, I'll deck my next PC out with pantyhose, and create "teh fetish" PC mod crazy... :p

NuclearHeadache
02-13-02, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE


Yeah, I'll deck my next PC out with pantyhose, and create "teh fetish" PC mod crazy... :p

:rotfl: :rotfl:

el bob
02-13-02, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by exit1mile


thanks :) I really like my Antec,here are some more pics,I am a little proud of this box.

http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-009F.JPG

http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-010F.JPG

really nice wiring job you have there

especially the motherboard header wires and the extra tiny card with ribbon cable above your vid card

click_here
02-17-02, 04:23 PM
I found a material that I like even better,99 cents ,
it's for an in-the-window ac unit,it's easier to work with
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-003Fc.JPG
and it is for sure thin enough>
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-004Fc.JPG

Jesse23
02-20-02, 01:09 AM
does it block air at all?
i used dryer sheets and they blocked almost all

Jim
02-20-02, 02:28 AM
Filters do obstruct some of the air flowing in and out of the computer, but they also trap a crapload of dust in a very short time. I don't have any in my current computer, but I'm putting in an order for a few fan filters shortly.

click_here
02-20-02, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by jesse23
does it block air at all?
i used dryer sheets and they blocked almost all

it's minimal,it's worth it to me,the inside of my case stays alot cleaner. :)

CiscoKid
02-20-02, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by exit1mile


it's minimal,it's worth it to me,the inside of my case stays alot cleaner. :)

I think I'll go with the AC/Heater filter...sounds like it would work better...

HalfLifer
02-21-02, 09:01 PM
Wheres your 3rd intake?

click_here
02-21-02, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by HalfLifer
Wheres your 3rd intake?

it's in the hdd rack,cooling the hdd.
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-001Fcase.JPG
http://home.adelphia.net/~onegighz/MVC-015Fm.JPG