PDA

View Full Version : may skip the blowholes on my 1030



YARDofSTUF
01-19-02, 05:51 PM
case door:
http://www.butta.net/x/yardofstuf/door.jpg



right around the handle is where the HSF sits and so i cant get a 120mm fan on it, so i decided i'm gonna use a drill and bit and cut small vent like holes in the case where the delta can get more air quicker if needed, heres an edited pic of what i want, though in real life i'll try harder at keeping the pattern even :)

http://www.butta.net/x/yardofstuf/door2.jpg

el bob
01-19-02, 06:18 PM
interesting

if there was anyone one blowhole location that I would skimp on it would probably be the top exhaust fan first and then the side panel fan

I'm partial to massive front intake and rear exhaust.

YARDofSTUF
01-19-02, 06:24 PM
the door handle gets in the way of my blowhole placement, and as far as teh top one, no current plans for one. would be nice but it wont be needed.

thinging about it now though i could make little holes with a small drill bit in teh shape of a devils head or something.

YARDofSTUF
01-19-02, 10:24 PM
oooh oooh oooh!!!!!


hinges for the door!!!!

:D yeah baby!

el bob
01-20-02, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
the door handle gets in the way of my blowhole placement, and as far as teh top one, no current plans for one. would be nice but it wont be needed.

thinging about it now though i could make little holes with a small drill bit in teh shape of a devils head or something.

hmm, not sure if you misunderstood me or not

but to clarify, i would recommend concentrating on front intake and rear exhaust before side panel intake and/or top exhaust

If I was you, I would probably do a window in this shape around the door

//EDIT - vb didn't hanld spaces in ascii drawing
//2nd edit - found a nice example

http://www.arenacomputers.com/images/Cases/Case_2/Mvc-004s.jpg

//

* = where handle would be

And then put two low dba 80mm fans with grilles in the window over your agp card to blow over the ramsinks which I think you have if I remember correctly.

For the cpu, i would just to good hsf and then rely on a strong air current from front intake accross mobo (some of it getting to cpu) and then out the rear exhaust

would be a sweet setup

then just run all the fan leads (if you do fans in the side panel make sure to leave molex plugs on so you can detach when opening case) to the area under your hdd rack and wire a small fanbus using a european style terminal block strip

works like a charm

YARDofSTUF
01-20-02, 12:26 AM
no windows on this case, with 2 crappy sunons in the case i get 24C case temps, with 4 53cfm 80mm fans it should be even nicer :)

el bob
01-20-02, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
no windows on this case, with 2 crappy sunons in the case i get 24C case temps, with 4 53cfm 80mm fans it should be even nicer :)

why no windows?

aren't you proud of your hardware?

CiscoKid
01-23-02, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
oooh oooh oooh!!!!!


hinges for the door!!!!

:D yeah baby!

NO FAIR!!!!

The side panel, front, bottom, and top of my Lexan case were gunna be hinged together...only the right side and the back will be fastened with the glue my dad's getting from a freind he used to work with...

YARDofSTUF
01-23-02, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CiscoCert


NO FAIR!!!!

The side panel, front, bottom, and top of my Lexan case were gunna be hinged together...only the right side and the back will be fastened with the glue my dad's getting from a freind he used to work with...

why so "hinged?"