PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas

Rings890
01-19-02, 02:24 PM
I am looking at my good case and drawing a BLANK as to what I could do to this "thing"
http://www.butta.net/x/rings890/pictures/Picture%20333.jpg
Feed me some of your ideas:D

YARDofSTUF
01-19-02, 02:30 PM
92-120mm blow hole on top, one on the side.

paint floppy and 5 1/4 bays to match case

if u have place for a fan in teh bottom front dril a grill and add a fan there

el bob
01-19-02, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
92-120mm blow hole on top, one on the side.

paint floppy and 5 1/4 bays to match case

if u have place for a fan in teh bottom front dril a grill and add a fan there

are you nuts? there is no way in hell that he is going to fit an 80 or a 92 mm fan up top

I would take off the front plastic bezel, measure it out, and them cut a piece of aluminum to use instead. then with a flat face you could even put in a 120mm intake if there is space on the inside. i love 120mm intakes over whiny 80mm because of the low whoosh.

you could also get some uv reflective spiral wrap and use that on your power cables

if you are using ata66 ide cables, round them and wrap them with the uv reflective spiral wrap

cut out a window in the side panel where it is skinner on top and wider on the bottom, with the top aligned to the left of the larger bottom

sort of like this

--
----

that way your window isn't staring straighti nto your hdd racks

then of course put in a uv light along the bottom of the side opposite the motherboard back panel

if you didn't do the aluminum front panel, then i would paint the drive face plates black and the white portion of the plastic bezel bright green and wire green EL cable along the U that can be seen on the front bezel

you could also stealth mod both of your cdroms

and if that is an open 3.5" bay underneat your floppy, you could wire up a baybus to control all of the crap i've mentioned and squeeze it in there

-el bob

YARDofSTUF
01-20-02, 12:20 AM
he could sqeuuze a 92 in there, tuough angle to tell

el bob
01-20-02, 10:09 AM
he could sqeuuze a 92 in there, tuough angle to tell

true but I think it would be a really close squeeze if he got it in there but then even if he did its primarily going to be sucking on the mass of cables he has up there

YARDofSTUF
01-20-02, 01:52 PM
wrap the mess around the fan use bread ties to holdthe wires away.

el bob
01-20-02, 01:56 PM
wrap the mess around the fan use bread ties to holdthe wires away.

if one was to go that way, instead of bread ties, i would use plastic clamps with one flat sticky side

i don't know what there official name is but jameco sells them and i've got a bunch

they are shaped kind of like a C

and the bottom of the C is flat and is adhesive

YARDofSTUF
01-20-02, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by el bob

if one was to go that way, instead of bread ties, i would use plastic clamps with one flat sticky side

i don't know what there official name is but jameco sells them and i've got a bunch

they are shaped kind of like a C

and the bottom of the C is flat and is adhesive

i want some, i recomend bread ties cuz u can always stela more when ur parents get more bread :D

BaLa
01-22-02, 03:30 PM
how about just zip ties...
easier to work with..
more neat as well..?

Vesuvius
01-22-02, 04:50 PM
Not to mention bread ties have metal in them, if by some freak occurence you expose a bit of this and happen to ground it on the wire somewhere, wire sags a tad, touches case, boom....I always reccomend either zip ties or better yet take a trip to your local hardware/electrical supply store, they offer "shrink wrap" casing for wires in hundreds of colors. Simply heat it up with a hair dryer after slipping it over your wires, then while it is still warm form the wires to the shape you want (wrapped around a fan, tight against a side of the case, whatever) then let it cool and booyah formed, coated wires that if you chose a nice color add to the inside of your case as well.

Just be sure to use the hair dryer or a heat gun set on low wattage (like the kind used to shrink the covering on R/C airplanes) don't use the mini butane torches or a ciggarette lighter as I have melted the casing off a few of my good wires trying to shrink this stuff.

NuclearHeadache
01-22-02, 05:11 PM
Bread ties rule...
Can be used as a toothpick as well.

poptom
01-24-02, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Rings890
I am looking at my good case and drawing a BLANK as to what I could do to this "thing"

Just put the side cover back on and put it under your desk. :)

el bob
01-24-02, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by poptom

Just put the side cover back on and put it under your desk. :)

LOL

Wrong forum el stupido! :D