PDA

View Full Version : drive covers



m4a2t0t
01-11-02, 08:29 PM
where can i find drive bay covers for my antec?

as u can see their not straight
http://m4a2t0t.homestead.com/files/computer/front2.jpg
i just threw this together a few minutes ago

MagicMikey
01-11-02, 09:18 PM
Here's a tip; remove the cover from your case as well as the temperature monitors. Tightly place ONE piece of masking tape over the outside of the cover and rest it on your work desk with the tape side touching the desk. Fill in the crooked hole with epoxy glue and let it FULLY dry, usually 24 hours. Remove the tape and cut it up again so that it's straight! ;) works great!

m4a2t0t
01-11-02, 09:23 PM
good idea

thanks:)

MagicMikey
01-11-02, 09:38 PM
What kind of paint is that anyway? do scratches show up on it easily....considering it's so shiny...

m4a2t0t
01-11-02, 10:04 PM
its rustolem enamel

i need to do some work on the front panels,need to get those bumps out

MagicMikey
01-11-02, 10:22 PM
Ya, that's what I was about to say....heh, it sure can't be car paint I said... ;)

Roody
01-12-02, 02:50 PM
hey m0a2t4t, where did you get those temperature gauges and how did you rig that up?

m4a2t0t
01-12-02, 02:55 PM
i bought the temp probes from www.2cooltek.com $12 each,much more reliable way to measure cpu temps

one sits next to the cpu core and the other sits between the northbridge and the ram

RoundEye
01-12-02, 03:16 PM
m0a2t4t,

I built a couple of servers at work and I think we used those cases.

If you can post a picture of the back side of one of the covers, I can look and see if we have any spares left over.

Roody
01-12-02, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by m0a2t4t
i bought the temp probes from www.2cooltek.com $12 each,much more reliable way to measure cpu temps

one sits next to the cpu core and the other sits between the northbridge and the ram

dont suppose you could post a pic showing how you set that up inside? I am starting to build my first here soon and would be very interested in getting those temp probes.

m4a2t0t
01-12-02, 03:39 PM
http://m4a2t0t.homestead.com/files/backofcover.jpg


http://m4a2t0t.homestead.com/files/probe.jpg

RoundEye
01-12-02, 03:57 PM
I'll check Tuesday, I have to go to a client's office to do some work Monday, so I won't be at the office.

If I have one or two, does $5 sound fair to cover the shipping to you?

m4a2t0t
01-12-02, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RoundEye
I'll check Tuesday, I have to go to a client's office to do some work Monday, so I won't be at the office.

If I have one or two, does $5 sound fair to cover the shipping to you?

that would be awesome:)

RoundEye
01-20-02, 11:21 AM
I don't have that exact cover, but I found one that had four clamps, on the corners, like the one you have pictured. Soon as I can find another web host, I'll post a pic.


..... Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget. :2cool:

YARDofSTUF
01-20-02, 02:46 PM
i have 2 antec 1030 covers

m4a2t0t
01-20-02, 08:18 PM
can i purchase them from u??

Mehmet
01-24-02, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by m0a2t4t
can i purchase them from u??


i think i got some too, ALSO! Im building a comp for a friend of mine tommorrow, with the antec case. that'll give me some covers also..

If ya want, ill send em for free, just pay for the shipping or something :)

m4a2t0t
01-25-02, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by vegeto



i think i got some too, ALSO! Im building a comp for a friend of mine tommorrow, with the antec case. that'll give me some covers also..

If ya want, ill send em for free, just pay for the shipping or something :)
that would be sweet!
thanks:)