PDA

View Full Version : dhtml question (i think)

IHateExcite
01-11-02, 02:17 PM
It's times like this that I hate having such a bad memory.... Some time ago I saw an example which I believe was in dhtml which automatically generated/displayed 2d shapes given all the x&y coords. The example that I remember seeing displayed a big five-pointed star on the web page. It may not have been dhtml, maybe js, I don't really remember but I'm pretty sure it was dhtml.

What I'm really aiming at is being able to have an html table with simulated rounded corners without using bitmaps for the rounded edges. I'm sure that anything like that wouldn't be very fast, but they'd be very small quarter circle thingamajigs so it probably wouldn't be noticed.

Anyone else remember seeing something like this?

computer
01-18-02, 02:45 PM
you can add borders to the table. Just add border="1" etc. in the table tag.

IHateExcite
01-19-02, 12:32 AM
Well that's not exactly what I meant. The example that I was referring to (I just found it again) was in VML (vector markup language), an xml application. It allows you to 'draw' non standard shapes on a page by specifying x and y coordinates. After some thought though I went with small transparent gifs. There are 7 of them each weighing in at only 1kb so it shouldn't be noticeable at all.