PDA

View Full Version : finished speaker mod (pics)

el bob
01-05-02, 05:40 PM
i don't have the second speaker in this set because i lost it when it was dissassembled (long story) but i left wire, a male connector, and a female connector attached where the second speaker would normally be plugged in so as soon as a i get one/fine one i'll be good to go with some quick soldering

audio source from the comp goes to:

dpdt switch (on/off/on): speakers/off/headphones

speakers = pcb that direct the sound to two speakers while making use of a power switch, audio pot, and led

headphones = audio pot that is connected to a 1/8" female phono jack

here are the pics

it was by no means a quality job due to lack of time and tools but it is fully functional with the exception of the missing second speaker

http://frog888.homestead.com/files/spkrF.jpg

http://frog888.homestead.com/files/spkrB.jpg

the computer is on the floor and thus the audio out port is far away -- i use both my speakers and headphones a lot for different purposes -- my speakers are closer in reach because they are low output and i placed them near me -- i started off with just a dpdt and the phone jack but i couldn't adjust the volume when using headphones except by using windows volume control which isn't available when playing full screen games --> i researched methods of controlling the volume of the audio stream going to the headphones --> added an audio pot and now its good to go

i can switch between speakers and headphones with the flip of a closeboy switch and adjust volume when using either, without having to change anything that i'm doing on the computer

MagicMikey
01-05-02, 10:42 PM
People usually re-allocate the the jacks to the front of the case but that's even better, nice!! ;)

drdoug99
01-06-02, 01:07 AM
that is cool...wish I could do stuff like that....

gertvanjoe
01-06-02, 04:03 AM
You can . Just need a soldering iron some guts and some sort of electronic store or something like Radioshack.com for the parts you gonna mod in :)

wip3out
01-06-02, 05:54 AM
i wouldn't know where to start. :rotfl:

MagicMikey
01-06-02, 11:18 AM
You start by taking it apart! heheh, then you decide what to do next..... ;)

syncmaster
01-06-02, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MagicMikey
You start by taking it apart! heheh, then you decide what to do next..... ;)

MagicMikey if i was making repairs using your logic , right now i will was out in the street ,asking for coins to buy my food :p

MagicMikey
01-06-02, 02:16 PM
That's not what you're doing now...? ;)

syncmaster
01-06-02, 03:17 PM
If this, is Canadian humor , i will advice you to stop using it .. :rolleyes:

MagicMikey
01-06-02, 03:21 PM
Or you're going to come here and kick my ass? hehehehahaha, yep.... ;)

syncmaster
01-06-02, 03:28 PM
Do not push your luck , i need only 10 hours by plane to come there ..

MagicMikey
01-06-02, 03:32 PM
I don't think I'm pushing my luck.....obviously I've been joking around this whole thread.... ;) flame me at will!! ;)

m4a2t0t
01-06-02, 03:58 PM
comeon now ladies:D

nice job el bob:)

brembo
01-06-02, 04:01 PM
Wow Sync, pickin on ladies now eh? Be easy on him Magic, he bruises easily.

cy
01-06-02, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by brembo
Wow Sync, pickin on ladies now eh? Be easy on him Magic, he bruises easily.

hehe, agree. He's been like this since he joined SG, lol :D

syncmaster
01-06-02, 05:28 PM
http://the-movie-times.com/pictdir/actors/gallery/travolta/travolta12.jpg

brembo
01-06-02, 06:27 PM
Run fer yer lives...Sync has read Dianetics! Ahhhhhhh!!!

el bob
01-06-02, 07:59 PM
thanks for the positive feedback guys

syncmaster
01-06-02, 08:04 PM
You are welcome bro :)

We have turn your thread to a zoo park , but it was something that it was not planed :D
Lol

MagicMikey
01-06-02, 08:11 PM
Can I be a giraffe? ;)

brembo
01-06-02, 09:48 PM
I wanna be a monkey, for my entire life throwing my feces has been frowned upon. But whilst being a money, its expected, that seems like it would be lotsa fun.

Good work on the speakers too el bob. Hope it works great for ya.

Faust
01-06-02, 10:04 PM
thats using the ol' noddle, el bob. nothing is more gratifying than solving a problem from scratch using your own skills.

oh, and i wanna be a baboon. they have such nice shiny butts.