PDA

View Full Version : KR7A owners: read

HongKongPolice
01-03-02, 04:49 AM
What colour are the 2 BIG capacitors above your AGP slot? And whatz the max FSB you can run @? I think the Silver ones are better than the black ones, but not many ppl got boards with the silver ones. When I say silver, i mean the WHOLE capacitor, not just the top of it, the silver ones are made by Nichion or somethin, and the black ones are made by Rubycon or somethin.

My board has the black ones and I can do 150FSB with my 1600+ @ DEFAULT voltage with a crappy Alpha6035, 1.57Ghz, haven't unlocked my multiplier yet. 155FSB is stable if I bump the CPU voltage up a bit, but @ 160FSB windoze won't load. I'm hoping its my CPU limiting it cuz then I can just do a volt mod + new waterblock...

I tried 2 of these boards and both gave me the same results, although there was some differences in the voltages. Like 1 board would give the CPU 1.92v and the other gives around 1.87v when both boards were set to 1.85v in the BIOS. Quite a difference if you ask me... Doesn't really matter to me tho cuz i'm gonna volt mod it anywayz :D

Mark
01-03-02, 02:43 PM
mine are the silver ones and they are made by nichion or however you spell that.

i have not really tried to OC yet just a little and could barelly get to about 142 or so.

stock hs & fan , cheap d-link nic , maybe raid holding me back ??

triying to work out this irq problem right now http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62473&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Jesse23
02-15-02, 07:55 PM
mine are silver and I run 167 fine. I can run higher but my chip is pretty much maxed 167x9.5 @ 1.85 volts

YARDofSTUF
02-15-02, 08:01 PM
silver here i hit 171 fsb before my board went ape*****