PDA

View Full Version : Smoked ma bios

Ulk0
01-02-02, 05:09 AM
Bah... Smoked my bios yesterday..any1 know where i can get me a new 1? hrhrhr :D

Murman
01-02-02, 06:22 AM
from the manufacture or your motherboard.

KANO
01-02-02, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Ulk0
Bah... Smoked my bios yesterday..any1 know where i can get me a new 1? hrhrhr :D

post more info, and maybe someone might help you.

Ulk0
01-02-02, 04:21 PM
My Mb is a Lucky Stat 5MVP3 Rev 4.0

Its a **** mb but i need it for my UT server and FTP server...

I would be happy if someone could help me..

syncmaster
01-02-02, 04:45 PM
Can you tell as how did you smoked it ??

Murman
01-02-02, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Murman
from the manufacture or your motherboard.

Look in your manual of the motherboard, go to there website, see if you can order a new BIOS or call there tech support. Like you indicated you need the BIO replaced ... there's not to much anyone can do on a bulletin board "IF" the BIOS is infact totally dead.

Have you tried clearing your CMOS, there's usually a jumper marked on the motherboard or pop the battery out for about 5 minutes, unplug the power to the PSU and then pop the battery back in and power it up.

EDIT:

Here's the URL to there site http://www.lucky-star.com.tw/
Tech Support service@lucky-star.com.tw

Ulk0
01-02-02, 05:55 PM
well..

if i say like this...the bios has seen it lasts mb.. its broken.. My friend took it out...cause he is courious in everything...and then i put it back again... And when i turned on my computer again *BOOM* and then there was smoke.... and it smelled **** :D

I dont have the Manual cause its a used MB.. I bought it from a friend and he cant find it ;(...

but i can check www.lucky-star.com.tw if they have any bios for replacement...

terrancelam
01-02-02, 06:03 PM
tell your friend straight up, he owes you a new mobo, unless you were the one who told him to take out the bios chip.

Ulk0
01-02-02, 06:07 PM
Naah...
Damn so i must by a new Bios ? Darn..well he nust by it then... im not going to by anything if he damagaed it... FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!%&#&%(

YeOldeStonecat
01-02-02, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Ulk0
My friend took it out...cause he is courious in everything...and then i put it back again... And when i turned on my computer again *BOOM* and then there was smoke.... and it smelled **** :D

Doh....hate it when that happens......

YARDofSTUF
01-02-02, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat

Doh....hate it when that happens......

i expected u to be above that level, by 100 or so IQ points lol

YeOldeStonecat
01-02-02, 06:26 PM
Honestly, "knock on wood"...///raps on head///....haven't blown anything yet. But I've seen a lot of machines blown come in from 'lectric surges, etc...and man...does burning 'lectronics STINK!