PDA

View Full Version : Picture on webpage

Roody
12-29-01, 10:56 PM
i'm having problems uploaded a .jpg created in photoshop onto my website. In frontpage I insert picture in my index.html page and then save the picture. then i upload the index.html using FTP onto my site and overwrite the existing index.html page, yet when i refresh the webpage, the picture shows up as an empty square with a red x in the top left corner.

any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Randy
12-29-01, 10:58 PM
i will help ya turn on icq

Roody
12-29-01, 10:59 PM
ok my icq is on

Roody
12-29-01, 11:34 PM
ok a discussion has brought up that the 20% listed in the html coding could be the source of the problem

/My%20Pictures/GGLogo.jpg

i cant figure out why it keeps putting that 20% in there when I save a .jpg. can anyone help?

AAF Striker
12-29-01, 11:37 PM
%20 just means a space. Anyway, is that directory location and image available on your server, or are you trying to link off your HD. Maybe post a link to the index.html or something. Also, if you directory does exist, jsut use an underscroll in the folder or jsut have no space at all and then correct the code. Either way post soemthing so we can see maybe.

Roody
12-29-01, 11:40 PM
if you go to : Game Generation (http://www.gamegeneration.net)

you can see what i mean.

AAF Striker
12-29-01, 11:43 PM
Do the image and direcory exist on the server. If so try taking the space out between my and pictures. Then go edit the html to reflect the changes that you made. Then upload it to the server. BTW, might want to use lowercase, uppercase is sensitive and can only be reached when typed exactly as it is on the server.

Roody
12-29-01, 11:51 PM
that did the job man. i went and renamed it in lowercase then i saved it in my frontpage folders. then i deleted the index.html that was on my webspace and re-uploaded it along with the new lowercase .jpg and it worked.

thanks randy and aafstriker :)

AAF Striker
12-29-01, 11:53 PM
Your welcome, just PM me if you need any help with somthing.