PDA

View Full Version : swapping dvd-roms

Grimson
12-27-01, 03:11 PM
I got my new sony 16x today, I'm fixing to go home and put it in. I shouldn't have problems just swapping my creative 8x and sony 16x should I ?? I'm using the dxr3 card with the creative w/ the creative dxr3 drivers, I should just be able to swap them right ??

thanks
:)

terrancelam
12-27-01, 05:23 PM
It should be just a plug and play thing. If you have any problems, just post and I'll try and get on it.

Grimson
12-27-01, 06:33 PM
I was hoping I would be able to keep the dxr3 card in and keep using creatives software because I don't much care for power dvd but w/o the creative drive I can't use creative software. That was the only problem I had but I have it working now.
Do you know of any better dvd software ?? Do you know if I can use a dxr card w/ this drive ?? My dxr3 card just seemed to make the movie look better.
thanks

Grimson
12-27-01, 07:36 PM
I think this card would work
http://www.computer123.com/searchcx.asp?search=search&page=1&sec=featured&cattree=&manu=&keyword=em8220

comes with cables and software. What do you think ??
thanks

YARDofSTUF
12-27-01, 07:47 PM
i liek power dvd, try windvd or try a holywood decoder card, dont they have their own software?

Grimson
12-27-01, 10:09 PM
yeah, they have their own software, not sure what it looks like but as far as I am concerned it has to be better than powerdvd. Powerdvd works fine for my friend and a couple of other ppl I know, I think maybe it has something to do with the creative drivers not getting completely uninstalled in my case. I have a fromat and reinstall coming up to set up my new array w/ the ultra133 tx2 card so I will try a fresh install of powerdvd then and see what happens.
thanks for the reply.

terrancelam
12-27-01, 10:13 PM
Power DVD should work fine for you, I actually find it to be the best I've ever used personally.

Grimson
12-28-01, 10:17 AM
the only thing is when powerdvd is compared to my dxr card, powerdvd looks quite fuzzy, like the detail is not as sharp. It's pretty dark too but when i go to the video tab the brightness and other two sliding bars are greyed out. I've tried to adjust them with the movie stopped, running, and right after I opened powerdvd(without starting the movie). What am I doing wrong ???

all help is very apreciated.