PDA

View Full Version : Good Keyboard?

JimMorrison3169
11-12-01, 08:17 PM
What's a good and moderately priced keyboard?I'm looking to replace my 3 year old Dell Quiet Key which isn't cutting it anymore. Besides those wierd ergonomic things(can't get used to them)what are some good models I should look into?

syncmaster
11-12-01, 08:34 PM
Microsoft Internet Pro ...

JimMorrison3169
11-12-01, 09:01 PM
quick question, can you remove the rests for your wrists?my desk already has one and it would be awkward with two rests..

poptom
11-12-01, 09:21 PM
I just got a Memorex at Best Buy for $13. Works fine and it's spillproof. You tip it to the left and the beer runs out. The curved front piece just snaps on or goes in the trash like mine. I also have an IBM which I got from Tiger Direct last June for about $8. Same snap-on front which I also trashed. Neither one has those extra doodad buttons at the top.

MagicMikey
11-12-01, 10:28 PM
The best way to find a good one is to go to the store and try them ALL out....this can be really fun if you bring a friend along with you....they don't put them on display for nothing! ;)

Salesman: Can I help you mame?
MagicMikey: Ya, I'm looking for a keyboard, I found these, what do you think?
Salesman: Well we have these ones on my right that are on special right now...
MagicMikey: Ya, try that one out and tell me how it is...

*Salesman leaves*

MagicMikey: Hey! this one's cute!!

*Salesman comes back*

onetrueday
11-12-01, 10:35 PM
Although it's only my opinion, I didnt like the microsoft internet keyboard. I bought it because I had spilled a beverage on my previous one and the microsoft ik had the nicest box. However, I soon realized I didnt like it at all. If you're used to a soft keyboard, then it's not for you. I just bought a logictech freedom set, but that's not moderately priced. I agree with mikey, simply try them out and find one that comfy for you. You dont even need brand name, it's all about comfort in typing.

syncmaster
11-12-01, 10:58 PM
I will not try to back up , my selection .

But at the bottom line the MS Internet Pro , is not one common keyboard .

Multymedia extra buttons , USB Hub , and some quality that is missing in the 8 US $ keyboards .

If we start talking about the totaly best ones we will start to see numbers like 130 US$ ( CHERRY) ones ,and similar .

onetrueday
11-13-01, 12:04 AM
I didnt realize it was the pro. I didnt have a problem with the features of the ms keyboard, just that the buttons were not loose at all. Even after six months, they were still tough. Keyboards are all personal preference

Yes, I know... I spent over 100 on my set. I know there are more expensive, but this is exactly what I wanted.

YeOldeStonecat
11-13-01, 07:16 AM
It's tough to find a replacement when you've gotten used to the Dell Quiet Key....they're nice feeling boards...quality mechanisms in there. If you've gotten used to the Dell board....I haven't found one that feels just like them....get another from Dell.

I need the Microsoft Natural boards.....as I'm a big guy with big paws....once you get used to these (yes they have a learning curve) you cannot go back to standard straight boards.

KANO
11-13-01, 10:26 AM
i like the logitech keyboards, good prices and well made.

Gaming-Module
11-13-01, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by KANO
i like the logitech keyboards, good prices and well made.

I like Logitech as well, but damn their buttons are loud as hell.

Everything else is top notch.

gertvanjoe
11-13-01, 03:22 PM
I have a Genius and I like it lots

Also used the try before buy to get me this one . All thats added is the Powe Sleep and Wake buttons on top and its keys were soft and real responsive right from the very beggining . Even after taking some keysof that I really shouldn't have { ever tried putting a spacebar bakc on with that wire under it for stability } Luckily I got the hang of it now cause I fixxed another keybord with the same problem too after I got it right on my own