PDA

View Full Version : Lets make it simple....

dficken
11-12-01, 05:04 PM
The newest Geforce out or the Newest Radeon coming out (ati all in wonder 64 meg ddr)? I believe its an 8500. Supposed to come out dec 15th i think. Which do u think is better? I am curious if ATI can keep up with the geforce these days.

Any replies would be appreciated.

BaLa
11-12-01, 05:12 PM
I think most of the discussion regarding ATI
was that the 8500 is a pretty sweet card from what I've heard.
but ATI's driver "team" is lacking.

Joe
11-12-01, 05:22 PM
You can get a Geforce 3 with Video in and Video out etc for under 250$ USD Shipped...

The Radeon costs 300+ Shipped as well...

ATI fans will claim image quality but to tell you the truth if your looking to get a high end card you wont have a problem turning on image quality improving options that will be just as great as any radeon...

I would personally pick up a Geforce 3 of any kind... Any Geforce 3 beats a Radeon 8500 (wich is already in stores by the way)

As stated above ATIs driver team sucks donkey ballz

dficken
11-12-01, 06:11 PM
OK. I was referring to the The ALL-IN-WONDER® RADEON™ 8500DV. I imagine its the same chipset but more video editing crap added to it. I would actually like to have all that video editing crap but worried that the gaming performance isn't as good as the newest geforce.

Does anyone know about the new add on unit u can get for the Geforce that allows you to do video editing? Is it any good?

Thanks for all the replies.

Regards,
Dayill.

Joe
11-12-01, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by dficken
OK. I was referring to the The ALL-IN-WONDER® RADEON™ 8500DV. I imagine its the same chipset but more video editing crap added to it. I would actually like to have all that video editing crap but worried that the gaming performance isn't as good as the newest geforce.

Does anyone know about the new add on unit u can get for the Geforce that allows you to do video editing? Is it any good?

Thanks for all the replies.

Regards,
Dayill.

I myself am looking into a Geforce 3 from asus that Brent reccomended me... it has video in and out using svideo or composite for out... Its just as fast as any other Geforce 3 with the bonus features.. They also make a Ti500 of the same card but that one is nearly 400$. The regular one is around 330$.

dficken
11-12-01, 08:31 PM
I may look into the GeForce Side. I just read an article stating that ATI fidged some drivers just to get better marks. Hmmmm. I would like to get some video editing features. Maybe I will check out Nvidia's box for that. But I believe you need a Gforce 2 and I have a Geforce DDR (1). Or Maybe, I should stop spending so much freakin Money! Argghhhhh. Oh well. Having fun though.