PDA

View Full Version : This stinks, Plz help!

CoolJ
11-10-01, 10:36 PM
Im in XP. Put the Win2000 drivers in for my VIper II that they said will work. Went in with no problems, but when I play games, the games are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off the screen. I have about a inch black margin on the right and bottom of my monitor when I play any game :(

EthanHunt16
11-10-01, 10:57 PM
ive had this with many games, its the just the game resizing itself for the first time, just change the settings on your monitor to match the game

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:01 PM
It might be that the screen resolution changed. Let's say you're using a resolution of 1024x768 for your desktop and there isn't any thick black margins or borders around your screen but in your game you're using 800x600 and there is, you can do one or both of either things:

- change your game resolution to match your deskptop resolution.
- fix the size by going into your monitor options.

It's easy! ;)

CoolJ
11-10-01, 11:02 PM
Monitor = 800x600
Games=800x600

Still does it :(

If I adjust it in the game, I leave game, then my desktop is messed up and I gotta fix that then-damn xp

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:05 PM
hrmmm....heh, did you try resizing your screen by using the monitor options? you can usually get into the options by pressing the first button on the left on the front of your monitor...

Look for, Horizontal Size and Vertical Size..

Also, which game is this happening in?

;) ;)

CoolJ
11-10-01, 11:21 PM
Tried that

CS-Q3 You name it

YARDofSTUF
11-10-01, 11:24 PM
thats weird, whats ur refresh rate at?

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:24 PM
Heh, WinXP bug I guess....sorry, I can't help much further.... ;) There's tons of XP hooligans in the Software forum, you might want to try over there....sorry again!

Good luck! ;)

CoolJ
11-10-01, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
thats weird, whats ur refresh rate at?

YARDofSTUF
11-10-01, 11:32 PM
ummmmmmm, so ya liek cameros eh? lol

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:34 PM
Nah.....I'm more of a Mustang chick..... ;) vroooom! hehehe ;)

EDIT: Yes, I know, you're not talking to me....and your point is? ;)

CoolJ
11-10-01, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by MagicMikey
Nah.....I'm more of a Mustang chick..... ;) vroooom! hehehe ;)

EDIT: Yes, I know, you're not talking to me....and your point is? ;)

Is that you in ur sig?

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:39 PM
Heh, no, but a lot of my friends say I look like her....that's why I use it as my avatar... ;)

RoundEye
11-11-01, 12:22 AM
I'm using WinXP and I have that problem with games too. I have a black margin on the left side about 1/2 inch thick.

I had it with the Radeon 8500, so I went back to my Radeon 64 VIVO and had the same problem. I'm in the process of doing a fresh install to see if that cures the problem. (I did an upgrade from Win98SE before)

One thing you can try is overriding the refresh rate.

Go to the run box and type in dxdiag.

Go to the more help tab, then to the Overide box and set the Override Value to the same value or less then what your monitor is set for. You may have to try it and then play your games a few times to see if you can find a value that works.

RoundEye
11-12-01, 10:22 AM
Da Bump

Even with a fresh install, I still have a black margin on the left side of my screen.

Any clues?

I'll try just about anything to resolve this, so just throw some ideas in the air, no matter how remote the may seem.

IRS
11-12-01, 03:23 PM
No probs here with my 8500, but ......
Is it in all games or just one ?
You most likely down loaded the newest drivers but gona ask anyway they helped on mw3 (older game) but it didnt have the problem your talking about.
keep us updated.......

CoolJ
11-12-01, 10:45 PM
My solution = Just bought a Geforce 3 :)

I wrote my Card company and they told me to buy a new card. Win 2000 drivers for it are old and if they wont work, it will never work cuz thats the last of the drivers for it forever. So I was screwed.

Roundeye, even though I Bought a new card, Im still foolin with my old one (new card is on back order).

In any game Id run it, and have the same problem as you. In the game, I adjusted my monitor using the buttons on the monitor to center the game in the screen (Thx to those who helped :)). Then Id leave the game and my desktop was all moved and id have to adjust it back. Well for some odd reason, I rebooted, went back into the game, readjusted my monitor in the game to center it, went back to my desktop and it was normal. So it worked, my desktop was still in place, and when I re entered the game, it was smack in the middle of the screen like it was suppsose to be.

Though 1 problem fixed, the bad fps I was gettin and along with the blue screen everytime I exited Open_Gl CUZ of my crappy drivers was unfixable. Oh well, I gotta GF3 now! :D I really liked my Viper II though :(