PDA

View Full Version : Monitor question...

Gaming-Module
11-10-01, 10:23 PM
What is the best stuff to clean your screen with? I current lens cleaner with a soft cloth, but it smears too much, so I'm wondering what the best thing to use is.

I have also used those wipes from Best Buy, and am equally unimpressed.

m4a2t0t
11-10-01, 10:43 PM
i use a damp soft cloth

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:08 PM
I use anything I can find... people debate on this subject a lot though. Some people go crazy when you say you use Windex and other people MUST use an expensive solution to clean their screen.... ;)

Ghosthunter
11-10-01, 11:19 PM
I just found out too you shouldnt use those pads you get at stores, like kleen & dry or it can scratch the coatin gon your monitor...or something like that.

drdoug99
11-10-01, 11:22 PM
3M Screen Cleaner + 3M Screen Cleaning Pads...$19.99

bought it at a office supply place like 4 years ago when I first got my comp. no streaks, smears, scratches, just a clean screen.

YARDofSTUF
11-10-01, 11:25 PM
water

MagicMikey
11-10-01, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
water

Nice choice... ;) water cleans and conducts heat....mmmmmmm..... ;)

Mark
11-11-01, 05:56 AM
i just use a real soft piece of cloth dry, no water or anything works great.

syncmaster
11-11-01, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by the snake
i just use a real soft piece of cloth dry, no water or anything works great.

With what you clean your screen if you sneez at it ? :D

Any way i have a fine SONY 19" , and i use glass cleaning fluid,and kitchen paper .
I have another SONY 15" , that i am cleaning it , by the same way for the last 5 years , and its not get damaget or something .

downhill
11-11-01, 02:12 PM
Macho, I posted a similar thread a while back. I own a KDS Avitron with an anti_glare screen. Man is this sucker hard to clean without streaking.

Roundeye suggested not to use window cleaner with ammonia can damage the antiglare over time. So I found some without it.

I use a soft cloth. I still have to do a little polishing with the cloth as even the window cleaner I found, leaves streaks.

YARDofSTUF
11-11-01, 02:15 PM
use water, dampen a cloth and get the monitor clen tehn take a dry one and wipe the streaks away, tada! :D