PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Video Out on my Radeon 64mb DDR, OneTrueday!

terrancelam
11-09-01, 05:53 PM
Hmm just installed the new Radeon Drivers, though I can't say that I've ever tested my Video out before. I just tried today (While the monitor was plugged in) and had the composite out going to the vcr and it didn't work. The VCR just picked up nothing. Mich, do you have any suggestions? Or Anyone?

BroncoSport
11-09-01, 11:31 PM
If its like most ATI cards, you'll have to go into the advance display settings and into the "displays" ATI tab. Click on the upper left button of the "TV" and tada!!! The only problem I have with my AIW Radeon is that I hate the switch into 800x600 that it changes the monitor resolution while the TV out is enabled.

Hope this helps

onetrueday
11-10-01, 04:42 AM
Very well said! I'm sure that solved your problem terr, sorry I couldnt have been here sooner to answer you question. Just make sure you VCR is set to 'linein', which will probably be the channel under 2 and appear as an 'L'. Another fantastic thing you can do is watch tv or vcr tapes with that vcr. If you install the MMC/custom and videoin only, it works fantastic. TV looks better then real tv on my monitor. Plus, if you enable 'always on top', you can set it up in the corner and do other things. I know on my duron800, I was able to run aol7, aim, couple of ie windows and psp7; all while I was watching smallville. That left me hovering at 30-40 cpu usage, but it worked fine. All you need is a cable line running into your vcr, which is where you'll change the channels too.

terrancelam
11-10-01, 05:06 PM
let me try it again, I tried it and it didn't work I think...Didn't the latest driver have a problem like that?

terrancelam
11-10-01, 05:47 PM
I finally figured it out, it was my VCR! Bleeh, I did everything already, the only thing I forgot to do (Or rather didn't know to do) was to change my VCR internal channel set to Video In 1! I'm such a dumbo! Thanks for the help Mich and Bronco!