PDA

View Full Version : I need Another Game Port...

MartialArtist12
11-06-01, 09:44 PM
I have a game pad and a joystick. I have one game port which is on the sound card and one on the motherboard. Can I use both of them without any conflicts? If not, then how will I get two of them at the same time without any problems?

smaier69
11-06-01, 09:56 PM
i am assuming the mobo/gameport is an onboard audio unit that has been disabled (since you have a PCI or ISA soundcard).

to be perfectly honest i have never tried to run multiple soundcards on the same somputer simultaniously. my instinct would be to say it will be more of a pain than its worth.

what i would do is look around for an A/B box for game controllers. i remember seeing one awhile back at Fry's, but dont know if they still have them. look around on the 'net. i am almost positive what you would need (by A/B box, i mean a simple switchbox. sometimes there are switchboxes that support more than 2 devices, but thats all you need right now) is for sale somewhere.

i am doing some packing for a trip right now, but in awhile when i again have the chance to sit down i will see if i can find anyting... unless someone beats me to it.

monkeyhead
11-06-01, 09:59 PM
get a USB gamepad or stick, it will solve all your problems.

i at one time had a steering wheel joystick and game pad, used em all at least twice a week, i hated plugging in and out in and out in and out. tried y adapters, tried two sound cards, and nothing but hassles. i got a USB wheel stick and pad, and had no more problems, had em all plugged in at once.