PDA

View Full Version : pentium cooling

monkeyhead
11-04-01, 09:35 PM
ive had my entire case open for the past months and normal use temperatures are about 82 on proc 1 and 85 on proc 2, ive finally decided to close my case.

now my two temps are 97 and 101.
im using what i was told are the best coolers.
2 Alpha PAL6035's

using only minute amount of thermal grease and no pads.

Anyone know the deal?

monkeyhead
11-05-01, 10:53 AM
anyone?

syncmaster
11-05-01, 10:59 AM
I do , are you happy now :D

monkeyhead
11-05-01, 11:02 AM
so explain

syncmaster
11-05-01, 11:06 AM
You need some fresh air in the box , add one fan to bring fresh air and that it .

monkeyhead
11-05-01, 11:29 AM
got two in there, one blowing in on bottom front, one blowing out on top back

syncmaster
11-05-01, 11:42 AM
Ok , then every thing is normal :)

Look , as long the hot air from your CPU stays , some how in the box, if you really wan your box temps to be lower , tou have to take this hot air out .

Or to drive the hot air out from the CPU fan, out of the box with a plastic tube or something .

The ALPHAs is sucking ,so it will be easy to take the hot air with one tube out of the box .

Check my web page to see some examples .

YeOldeStonecat
11-05-01, 11:53 AM
4 hard drives and you've got some nice heat sources for your case. Are you cranking up your voltage at all? On one of my systems I'm running the same motherboard with a pair of overclocked clocked PIII's and not passing 60, using Golden Orbs for cooling. Alpha's should bring it well below mine since they are better coolers.

Dunno how well you applied them, but many people don't realize how messed up transfer grease gets if you don't attatch your heat sink correctly on the first shot. Many people try to attatch the heat sink, stick it on, don't think it's done right or mess with the clamps, get messed up, pull the heat sink off, stick it back on, repeat some process several times. All that does is get the grease all peaked with air bubbles introduced, which severely hampers the effectiveness of heat transfer grease. If you don't get the heat sink correctly attatched within the first shot....take it off, clean off everything, re-apply the grease, try it again.

As to wether to run your case topless or not....contrary to what some people will try to tell you wether it works or not, it all depends on what your case is. Some cases have minimal fans, perhaps only one exhaust fan, in which case running topless can help. Try placing some sort of additional fan outside your case blowing directly in on your mobo to help. Cases with a couple of exhaust fans and at least one intake fan up front really benefit from leaving the case buttoned up tight, as this push/pull creates a nice crossflow across the motherboard, something that running your case topless would hamper.

monkeyhead
11-05-01, 12:03 PM
yeah, i took it off once and put it back on and that brought it up a degree, i am talking farenheit though, sorry

syncmaster
11-05-01, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by michaelanthony
yeah, i took it off once and put it back on and that brought it up a degree, i am talking farenheit though, sorry

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa 97 to 101 its not Celsius ,i ven 1 in the million :rotfl: :rotfl:

Any way , friend you got some opinions , its up to you now .

monkeyhead
11-05-01, 03:53 PM
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa 97 to 101 its not Celsius ,i ven 1 in the million

what the hell?

monkeyhead
11-05-01, 03:55 PM
to YOS.....

should i be cranking up my voltage? i currently am not