PDA

View Full Version : CD burning softwares for TDK Velocd in WinXP

Orbitz
11-03-01, 12:09 PM
TDK velocd comes with Nero 5.5, i personally don't like it.
i was wondering if someone knows any other software which supports tdk velocd in windows xp ??
i've tried the Easy CD Creator 5.02 Platinum but looks like it doesn't support TDK drives.

thanks

downhill
11-03-01, 12:52 PM
Hummm.....from what I read, XP does support EZ. Look for the newest version on the Roxio site or the upgrade. XP does not support Direct CD or InCD from either of those products. In fact with XP you don't need them anyway. Simply drag and drop to your burner.

What don't you like about Nero? Just curious.

Dementia
11-05-01, 01:04 PM
downhill, i have a question for u. i'm trying to make a bootable windows xp cdrom. will xp's burner software extract the two boot files needed from a .bin file?

downhill
11-05-01, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Dementia
downhill, i have a question for u. i'm trying to make a bootable windows xp cdrom. will xp's burner software extract the two boot files needed from a .bin file?

Ummm...dunno. From what I understand, XP's stuff is drag and drop. If you do that to a bin file, that's exactly what you end up with.

I'd do this. Burn your bin file to a cd with DiskJuggler or Fireburner. Or you could convert that bin with a proggy called ISO Buster or BinChucker. Convert them to an empty folder. If you know what files your looking for, you can now see them. You can use any proggie to burn it with. If you do a search for them, they should show up.

Still, I'm not sure what your trying to do. You do know that you can set your bios to boot first from cdrom. Then load windows?

Dementia
11-05-01, 09:46 PM
yeah i know about the bios. what i'm trying to do is create a bootable Windows CD-Rom. (the whole reason to set your bios to boot from cd-rom first.) the current windows xp cd that i have does not have any boot sector files on it, being why i need to extract them from a .bin file that i have. you did answer my question though. thank you.

onetrueday
11-05-01, 10:50 PM
This took me a while to find!!! This is what I used and it works perfect. Just follow the directions listed here. (http://www.ultradhtml.f2s.com/faq/xp/xpbootable.html)

Dementia
11-05-01, 11:06 PM
I have this link onetrue. thats just the problem, EZ CD doesn't recognize my CD-Writer, thus i cannot created a bootable cd :( . any other ideas will be greatly appreciated though.

aagiants
11-06-01, 02:10 AM
i prefer clone-cd. Rights 1:1 copy and is alwyas dependable

Dementia
11-06-01, 08:27 AM
I dunno. I'm wondering if I find a program that can extract the two bootsector files from the .bin file I have and just burn these two boot files, will that make the disc bootable??????