PDA

View Full Version : SiS wantin some P4/ddr action?

YARDofSTUF
10-31-01, 07:40 PM
i see SiS is pumpin out its 645 DDR P4 solution, anyone got teh skinny on it?

terrancelam
10-31-01, 10:06 PM
?? this is going to be VERY interesting if it's true. Via and Intel are having a legal battle over the P4X266 right now, so it'll be interesting to see if SiS can pull this one out.

smaier69
11-01-01, 04:21 AM
ugh! SiS?!?! dont get me wrong, there is always the possibility that the Ford Pinto of chipsets may ressurect itself as something more along the competitive line. but i dont know.

i have a personal grudge against SiS. it seems as if every POS system that graces my posession has such comparatively dismal performance that i think there is something wrong with the configuration (setup-wise), and spend a lot of time and headache trying to fix it.... even though its topped out. if you are a bargain OEM and are looking to maximize your profit from a "clueless" target consumer, SiS is (and has been) the way to go. its hard to beat the profit margin a $14.93 mainboard solution with integrated everything can provide. if i pop the cover on a case and see SiS emblazened on the northbridge, i know its time to bust out the Motrin and a 6'er of barley pops...... 'cause i am gonna need 'em.

things can change, though. i will say i would be (pleasantly) surprised if SiS breaks their mold.

(*sorry, YoS. i know i didnt contribute anything to the thread/question*)

YARDofSTUF
11-01-01, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by smaier69
ugh! SiS?!?! dont get me wrong, there is always the possibility that the Ford Pinto of chipsets may ressurect itself as something more along the competitive line. but i dont know.

i have a personal grudge against SiS. it seems as if every POS system that graces my posession has such comparatively dismal performance that i think there is something wrong with the configuration (setup-wise), and spend a lot of time and headache trying to fix it.... even though its topped out. if you are a bargain OEM and are looking to maximize your profit from a "clueless" target consumer, SiS is (and has been) the way to go. its hard to beat the profit margin a $14.93 mainboard solution with integrated everything can provide. if i pop the cover on a case and see SiS emblazened on the northbridge, i know its time to bust out the Motrin and a 6'er of barley pops...... 'cause i am gonna need 'em.

things can change, though. i will say i would be (pleasantly) surprised if SiS breaks their mold.

(*sorry, YoS. i know i didnt contribute anything to the thread/question*)

teh ddr SiS chipset for the athlons is rockin right with the via266/266a chipset

SiS is holding their own, its liek amazing!