PDA

View Full Version : hmm... still no word on that KR7?

smidley
10-31-01, 06:35 PM
well I still have not heard anything on the Abit KR7 motherboard... and I am getting a bit impatient... I need a mother board now, and that was the one I wanted... I am afraid i might have to start looking at alternatives...

MartialArtist12
10-31-01, 10:11 PM
In about two weeks I heard. Why do you people always wait for ABIT boards? There was a lot of hype on the ABIT KG7 and all it turned out to be was an Epox 8K7A+ but more expensive. There are boards that cost less out there with similiar features. I got the MSI K7T266 Pro2-Ru. Has everything the KR7 has except has on less PCI slot but it has USB 2.0.

smidley
10-31-01, 10:12 PM
So... what is the best Socket A motherboard out there with DDR????

smidley
10-31-01, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by MartialArtist12
In about two weeks I heard. Why do you people always wait for ABIT boards? There was a lot of hype on the ABIT KG7 and all it turned out to be was an Epox 8K7A+ but more expensive. There are boards that cost less out there with similiar features. I got the MSI K7T266 Pro2-Ru. Has everything the KR7 has except has on less PCI slot but it has USB 2.0.
well where did you get your board from? I can't find anyone that sells it yet.:confused:

MartialArtist12
11-01-01, 12:02 AM
mwave.com
newegg.com also has it but it's out of stock right now

Brent
11-01-01, 12:14 AM
the msi board is everhwere, and is awesome

personally i don't like the raid controller on the msi board, because it doesn't allow single hdd operation like the high point controller abit uses...

plus i don't really need that cnr slot, i'd rather have another pci slot

but i would like usb 2.0

both have plus's and minus's

but yeah we haven't seen the kr7 yet so i dunno what it will be like yet, i'm waiting to see what it's like before i decide which one to get

smidley
11-01-01, 12:24 AM
yeah, it's just really hard to wait tho.. especially when you have everything ready to build a system but the motherboard!

smidley
11-01-01, 07:53 PM
So what would you guys say is the best board out of these 3.... Abit KR7, Epox EP 8KHA+, MSI K7T266 Pro RU.
So what do you all think?

A_old
11-01-01, 08:01 PM
i say go msi.

colour
11-01-01, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Amro
i say go msi.

why?

like someone said it comes with 1 less pci slot.

smidley id just wait...

MartialArtist12
11-01-01, 09:20 PM
Unless you absolutely need that extra slot, go with MSI. If you need the extra slot, go with the Epox but it doesn't come with RAID.

smidley
11-01-01, 10:22 PM
well here's the thing... I don't need the extra PCI slot or the RAID... the would just be nice things to have. I do kinda want USB 2.0 tho. and the MSI board comes with it. well I just don't wanna wait for a board (KR7) that could suck and then end up getting a board that I shouldv'e gotten along time ago. So what should my final answer be?

Zmoney
11-01-01, 10:26 PM
MSI...err wait then your computer would be better than mine...yea..i think you should just get a new mobo for your p3...:D :D

smidley
11-02-01, 10:40 PM
so are you guys saying that the MSI board is the best socket A board out on the market right now?

smidley
11-03-01, 12:29 AM
Here's another one to take into consideration on my list....
Soyo K7V Dragon Plus.
Ahhh so many choices!

smidley
11-03-01, 01:53 AM
OK, after reading extensive reviews, I have decided that it is either gonna be the Soyo or the MSI board. I am sort of leaning towards the Soyo one at this point, because it's RAID interface can also be used as additional ATA100 controler where the MSI board does not support this. However, the MSI board comes equipped with USB 2.0. Like I said, I am leaning towards the Soyo one, only because I don't use alot of USB devces, but I would still very much appreciate your input on this issue of mine. thanx.

Crimson
11-03-01, 02:40 AM
anyword on that new asus board that is suppose (or already out according to some pricewatch listings -eta 10/31) to come out?

A7V266-E