PDA

View Full Version : Guys Im Afraid Im Ill

KANO
10-31-01, 08:25 AM
i think ive gone mad in the head, im still new to pc,s like 2 and a half years ago , i bought a packard-bell, it was my first pc and my first incounter with the internet.

but now things have got a bit out of hand, i have 2 athlons here in front of me i use them both at the same time, *cough geek*
but the thing that really worrys me is this, i like the smell of new hardware???? and i spend way to much money on pc related items.

a few weeks ago i bought a silver mountain heatsink and fan, it made me happy i held it, looked at it as if was the best thing ever, i could not wait to unclip my other heatsink and add it to my ever growing box of old heatsinks, and place in the new one.

what can i do, i used to go out everynight, now i chill in chat rooms with friends ive made on the net, some now ive known for over 2 years, i have loads of real life friends so it was never a problem of not having friends, now i have built them all pc,s and they come to mirc so we all stay in more, our wifes are happy they know where we are and so on.

well im thinking i should break the habit, but then again ive seen a printer i want, so im off to buy a epson 895, but i have a epson 740 it works ok, maybe i can run the 2 of them, im sure somehow it will be a good move it has to be, yes it is im right im off to the shop laters.

KANO needs to get a life

:) :)

YARDofSTUF
10-31-01, 08:44 AM
go have sex that should distract u, if not, ur not ****ed :rotfl:

KANO
10-31-01, 09:16 AM
hmmm sex but it only last 30 secs? theres 12 hours in aday.

anyway i have to wait till friday for that epson 895 :(

RoundEye
10-31-01, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by KANO
...........a few weeks ago i bought a silver mountain heatsink and fan, it made me happy i held it, looked at it as if was the best thing ever, i could not wait to unclip my other heatsink and add it to my ever growing box of old heatsinks, and place in the new one..........

I know how you feel, I was tripping out on my heat sink when I bought it. I think it's awesome, I think I bought it just for the way it looks (it got good reviews too). I can't pin-point what I like so much about it, but I think it's mostly that it's all copper.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleimages/thermalrightsk6_perspec.jpg

I'm also buying too much hardware, I have a domain set up at my house. A P-III 800MHz, 512Meg's of ram, Win2K server with three client computers and I'm in the process of building another computer.

Well, at least it's not drugs, and I stay out of the bars for the most part.

:2cool:

KANO
10-31-01, 12:01 PM
lol RoundEye, its all good ive never really had hobbies, but i think i found one now.

that fan is the one i wanted, the sk6, its had some great reviews, but i could not find it in the shops over here, so i settled for the silver mountain.

http://www.jamie47.fsnet.co.uk/silverm1.jpg

poptom
10-31-01, 12:08 PM
That seems to be a pretty common affliction, KANO. Perhaps some day they'll find a cure for it.

KANO
10-31-01, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by poptom
That seems to be a pretty common affliction, KANO. Perhaps some day they'll find a cure for it.

lol well i think if they locked me up in a padded cell, i wont mind as long as i have a net conn and a pc or 2, to build. :)

el bob
10-31-01, 03:08 PM
what can i do, i used to go out everynight, now i chill in chat rooms with friends ive made on the net, some now ive known for over 2 years, i have loads of real life friends so it was never a problem of not having friends, now i have built them all pc,s and they come to mirc so we all stay in more

SAME HERE!!!! except I didn't build all of their pcs. It takes us an hour just to plan something and then someone always backs ought because they "don't feel like it anymore" a.k.a. they're too lazy

YARDofSTUF
10-31-01, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RoundEye

I know how you feel, I was tripping out on my heat sink when I bought it. I think it's awesome, I think I bought it just for the way it looks (it got good reviews too). I can't pin-point what I like so much about it, but I think it's mostly that it's all copper.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleimages/thermalrightsk6_perspec.jpg

I'm also buying too much hardware, I have a domain set up at my house. A P-III 800MHz, 512Meg's of ram, Win2K server with three client computers and I'm in the process of building another computer.

Well, at least it's not drugs, and I stay out of the bars for the most part.

:2cool:

i get that heatsink tomorrow!!! i cant wait!

KANO
10-31-01, 06:02 PM
we know YARD :)

still enjoy, damn im even happy for him ;)

YARDofSTUF
10-31-01, 06:14 PM
we know YARD :)

still enjoy, damn im even happy for him ;)

i only posted it in 2 or 3 threads lol ya i'm as bad as the others, got a working duron system soon to be a xp1800 gonna make another system for the duron and one for the 566 celeron and may even run the old 233.

onetrueday
10-31-01, 06:44 PM
RoundEye, which heatsink is that? It looks just like my vantec... but slighty differant.

KANO
10-31-01, 06:54 PM
its a sk6...

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/ThermalRight_SK6/

onetrueday
10-31-01, 07:29 PM
Twice the price for the same almost the same rating?

Here is my vantec which is less then $20:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/Vantec_CCK6035-D/graph%20load.gif

Here is the sk6 which is almost $50:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/ThermalRight_SK6/graph%20load.gif

Now, they both have a global win cak38 to reference since it was on differant system under differant loads. The win scores a temperature of 114 to the sk6 scoring a 105, which is a difference of 9 degrees. The vantec fan scores a 125 compared to a score of 129, which is a difference of 4 degrees.

If you were to create an equation that would compare the two heatsinks, using the win cak38 as a reference you would discover how closely they do score. Running them on the same system, you would find the difference less then 4 degrees under full load. Since this is in F and most people consider cpu temps in C, then it is barely a 2 degree difference for over $30!!!

That is crazy!

YARDofSTUF
10-31-01, 07:43 PM
sk6 is about 30 to 35 bucks in the right places, also with a delta it will be very nice and its fin design is great cuz u can really help temps alot with a more powerfull fan.

Brent
10-31-01, 09:00 PM
been addicted since oh around 1993

it only gets worse :o