PDA

View Full Version : Scanner/USB problem...

mountainman
10-30-01, 08:09 PM
I cannot get my computer to read my USB scanner, and I think I figured out why. Here is a screenshot of the IRQ numbers and I noticed that the USB controller and the SB Live! sound card were both on 10. Is that normal? If not, please tell me how I can fix this so I can get my scanner/USB stuff to work. Thank you!!

http://www2.onu.edu/~stu5784/irq.jpg

syncmaster
10-30-01, 08:20 PM
BUMP !!!

Your problem my friend is the VIA USB controler , try to play with some VIA all in one versions to fix your problem .

I can not help you i am one INTEL boy .

Go to VIAs site to get some help or patches .

Long live the Intel BX440 :)

Brent
10-30-01, 08:24 PM
the same thing could happen on an Intel system :rolleyes:

his problem appears to be IRQ related as he mentioned, which can happen on an Intel or AMD system since they use irq's the same way

but just for check marks sake do make sure you have the latest via 4n1's installed, 4.35 is the latest.

as for changing the irq that my friend is the tricky part as it requires taking your pc off ACPI system and making it a Standard PC system so you can change the irq's

syncmaster
10-30-01, 08:31 PM
I have read that one version of all in one creates problems to the USB controler .

And i will say that Intel chips does not have any problems at all in the USB support .

Specialy today ..
The only problems that one healthy USB sub system can have is the drivers of the new hardware that we try to add .

But nowdays its very hard to see problems just because of drivers.
This is a good reason why the USB forums starts to die .

mountainman
10-30-01, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Brent
the same thing could happen on an Intel system :rolleyes:

his problem appears to be IRQ related as he mentioned, which can happen on an Intel or AMD system since they use irq's the same way

but just for check marks sake do make sure you have the latest via 4n1's installed, 4.35 is the latest.

as for changing the irq that my friend is the tricky part as it requires taking your pc off ACPI system and making it a Standard PC system so you can change the irq's

Thanks for the info guys! Brent, where can I get this info about VIA? Is it easily found, and if so, is this file/program free and easy to use?

And will you be able to help me to get this under control if it comes down to the crappy Standard test??:D

Thanks again!

mountainman
11-01-01, 10:30 AM
so, when i download this VIA 4in1 program, do i put it in a certain dir when running it?

Thanks....:)

Qwijib0
11-01-01, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by mountainmanbrandon
so, when i download this VIA 4in1 program, do i put it in a certain dir when running it?

Thanks....:)

it self-extracts to directories, and you go to the device manager, update driver, and browse to the corresponding folder

mountainman
11-01-01, 05:41 PM
what do I update the driver on? USB controllers or Sound Card??

Also, what will this do? change IRQ numbers??