PDA

View Full Version : Help! DMA CDRW Issue

A_old
10-29-01, 11:02 PM
Hey, I have my burner slaved to my DVD...for some reason the burner runs in PIO mode instead of DMA while the DVD runs in DMA. how can i force the burner, in winxp pro, into DMA mode so i don't have these damn skips on my mp3 cds when i play em in my car.

tia,
Amro

onetrueday
10-29-01, 11:09 PM
I dont think you can because all burners are meant to run in pio4 mode. Perhaps you should use a differant burning program to make the mp3's, burn them at a slower speed, or even not convert them on the fly?

I could be wrong, but I had done some research on that same question a while ago.

A_old
10-29-01, 11:12 PM
hrmm if it will not do PIO mode..does it being slave affect it even tho i'm copying from a harddrive????...and not from the dvd..btw i'm burnin as data.

A_old
10-29-01, 11:26 PM
i think i need the dvd slaved and the cdrw master.. ideas? good? bad? .. hrmm. i have a controller card (highpt 366) but not going to put the dvd or burner on it, it has MUCHO (stupid buffer underruns and skipping sound on dvd) problems ..but harddrives work fine

onetrueday
10-29-01, 11:33 PM
If you have aim, I'm onetrueday there. I might have a program that'll help you.

A_old
10-29-01, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by onetrueday
If you have aim, I'm onetrueday there. I might have a program that'll help you.

unfortunately, i don't have it onetrueday

could you possibly upload it to

port 45222
upload / upload

and try with and without pasv.

thanks

Amro

A_old
10-30-01, 12:10 AM
got it fixed. for YOUR info.. via makes a miniIDE busmaster driver totally seperate from it's 4in1 drivers.. it's just over 1 MB..and POW all my ide problems are solved..all's quicker.. only thing is gotta put up w/ an ugly tray icon :)

Amro