PDA

View Full Version : philips winXP soundczrd drivers?

onetrueday
10-29-01, 08:10 AM
Hi! Has anyone found any philips drivers that were designed for winXP yet? I'm not concerned if they're beta, but I wasnt happy with the win2k drivers. They sounded horrible and all I can find is... coming soon.

thanks!

YARDofSTUF
10-29-01, 12:45 PM
... Response coming soon :D

YARDofSTUF
10-29-01, 12:50 PM
http://www.pcsound.philips.com/support.html#driver

2nd link syas 2k and xp, i dunno though, best i can do.

smidley
10-29-01, 03:04 PM
Will the one for Siesmic edge on that page work in XP? it doesn't say....

onetrueday
10-29-01, 04:23 PM
In my experience with using that driver with XP, it was horrible! I gave up with XP entirely because it was that bad. When playing max payne, the fire sounds would be so loud you couldnt hear the voices. No adjustment would fix it either.

Brent
10-29-01, 07:44 PM
I have the Philips Acoustic Edge and am using that driver in XP

no problems at all, sounds great with video/audio/mp3's loud or soft...

the ONLY problem I do have a problem with is in some older games notebably Need For Speed 3 and 4 I get popping and crakling sounds, but ONLY in the menu portions of those games and only in those games, so i think that might be game related in my situation....

Trancentral
10-30-01, 08:22 AM
A girl who plays Max Payne? :rotfl:

Brent
10-30-01, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by onetrueday
In my experience with using that driver with XP, it was horrible! I gave up with XP entirely because it was that bad. When playing max payne, the fire sounds would be so loud you couldnt hear the voices. No adjustment would fix it either.

I haven't tried Max Payne with it yet, I'll give it a shot today and see what it sounds like....

onetrueday
10-30-01, 09:27 AM
Well, I've always sorta been into video games but I didnt really get into them now until alice. I usually only get to play for 20 minutes a day, except for my nights off of course! Right now I'm playing undying, and that is very scary sometimes. I already finished max payne and truly loved it; except how it gave me those sound problems. Thanks for taking the time to check that out for me brent. If it turns out it is just a philips problem, then I'll go back to XP.