PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should I get the hell out of the SG board?

terrancelam
10-27-01, 02:13 AM
So I leave it up to you people here in the tech forum to decide. Should I no longer exist here? The vote goes on untill the end of the weekend.

[Edit] In the best interest of remaining fair to all, I apologize to BMED here publicly. He isn't the cause of my "attention seeking" poll, but other situations here at SG were the main cause. I removed this with better judgement as he is right, this is an attack on this character and unwarrented. But I still want to know where I stand with my peers after what happened in the general forum.

terrancelam
10-27-01, 02:18 AM
Please don't move this thread, I think this is a hardware related thread, I mainly post here in the HW forum and I want to know what other HW forum posters think.

BaLa
10-27-01, 02:28 AM
lol
no you should stay here..

know what?...
if BMED has nothing good to say about you ignore him..

don't worry about what he thinks of you...or whatnot...
you're one of the few HW Forum regs, who help lots of ppls out..

ColdFusion
10-27-01, 02:37 AM
Stay. Everyone Gets Flamed. Its a part of being on the SG Forums :D

BMED
10-27-01, 02:41 AM
terrancelam,

You need to give peeps time to respond to your comments before you go and do things like this.

No, I don't think you should leave.

This type of snap decision is what caused many problems with members last night. Don't be so fast to pull the trigger!

Posting this poll is like being on the schoolyard and picking up sides, not what I would expect from you.

I have an email addy and there is a option to PM me if you have issues with me.

My intent with the other post about leaving was to try to get you to stay, not chase you away! I guess I didn't realize that your feeling would hurt and I'm sorry for that.....sincerely!

I guess you don't know me either!

BMED

YARDofSTUF
10-27-01, 02:45 AM
if u stay i flame u, if u leave i drive to canada and kick ur ass, ur choice! :D

the reason u got flamed was that ur thread about u going back to just here was taken wrong, taken as a more selfish kinda way and not in the informational way u intended, miscomunication isnt a reason to leave the board.

CookieKid
10-27-01, 03:11 AM
STAY!!!
You've helped me a lot and you're replied to a message that ppl didn't help me with! I know there are others like me who have questions unanswered, if you're gone, that's one less techie...if the other techies are busy, who's gonna help them?:(

smaier69
10-27-01, 03:12 AM
stay. we all live and learn. the occasional embarrassment or "foot-in-mouth" instance happens to all of us (i am not refering to anything in particular. i dont even know what thread spurred this).

dont sweat it. to err is human. and i will close this by quoting the legendary wordsmith Lenny (from the Simpsons).....

"Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils".

BMED
10-27-01, 03:30 AM
After reading and rereading the post that seem to upset you so much, I have came to a conclusion

What kind of cheese would you like with that whine.......................... :cry:

terrancelam
10-27-01, 04:01 AM
Edited for fairness.

onetrueday
10-27-01, 04:50 AM
Hey, you think I'm smart; so you cant leave!

Mark
10-27-01, 05:25 AM
terrancelam i wish you would stay 'cause i enjoy reading you're intellegent posts and responses.

i have learned alot from this forum and it is all to people like you and onetrueday and too many others out there.

2Bullish
10-27-01, 08:08 AM
I think that there are to many people that are to abrorbed with what other people "think" about each other.

Remember peeps this is a virtual world, not the real one. Chill out and step outside into the sunshine.

Don't get me wrong, I love all this emotional blackmail, ultimatums and personality comparisons, it gives me a real belly laugh.

NuclearHeadache
10-27-01, 08:27 AM
Look at that 11 no 0 yes.
When I began at Sg I got into a little scuffle with you terrance but if I can remember we worked it out.

I think every forum must have its "rebels".
You're a smart guy and everything you say is backed up by cold hard facts.

I know that when I'm surfing through the posts and I see your name, posted or replied, I always read that post.

That's the way we here in Toronto express our opinons. We mean no harm at all..... :2cool:

And last I'd like to say that it's good to see people from Toronto in this forum. So don't leave man.... you're good in my book :D

CableDude
10-27-01, 08:41 AM
No, I think you should stay.

KANO
10-27-01, 09:14 AM
well dont let others bother you, just because one says something dose not mean we all agree with what he said, the gen forum can get abit childish at times. stay as long as its something you enjoy, leave or take a break if its getting you down.

ive noticed because im new here people will not really treat me as if im part of SG yet, i think i need 1000 post b4 im part of the SG family.

el bob
10-27-01, 09:42 AM
I havn't read the general forums lately so I'm not familiar with what went on, but as a response solely targeted to your poll I would ask you to stay.

You are extremely knowledgeable in aspects of computer hardware relevant to the forums discussions and you seem to have the time to keep up with new technologies. This is a quality not many of us have here on SpeedGuide and it would be a great loss for all, including myself, if you left.

-el bob

Joe
10-27-01, 10:00 AM
Negative Charlie

Jim
10-27-01, 10:32 AM
No.....you can't leave.....not until I'm 100% sure my other machine is working! :D

Seriously man, if somebody has some kind of personal problem with you, that's their fault. You've been hanging around the hardware forum dispensing your help and knowledge to just about anyone who asks (including those who seem to ask the dumbest questions about the dumbest problems like myself :p). You most definately deserve the rank of "Forum Techie", and shouldn't let the actions of the few determine your views on the many here.

Besides, there's always the "ignore" option on this board. :p

So please don't go! If you've noticed, the polls are most definately saying that. :)

colour
10-27-01, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LiNuXdAwG
Stay. Everyone Gets Flamed. Its a part of being on the SG Forums :D

yeah remember that time when you introduced us to your make believe girl friend?

remember?

remember?

Brent
10-27-01, 11:24 AM
I say STAY

screw all those people that flame you

your a great guy and we need more TECH people on this forum

i love talking hardware and stuff in this forum topic the more people we have the more we learn from each other and help people and can debate neat issues like we were doing with the ati vs. gf3 image quality thing in one thread, I LOVE getting into those kinda things and just talking hardware....

don't leave man, just ignore the idiots

drdoug99
10-27-01, 02:04 PM
I'd like you to stay, I think you've helped nearly every person on this board...I know when I was building my computer a while back, I asked so many questions, and you were always one of the prominent helpers..

but, if you feel that the tension, or stress, or whatever, is making you feel that badly about here, then by all means, do what you must....we all need a break now and then.:)

syncmaster
10-27-01, 02:43 PM
As one TOP GUN tech that i am , i will say go .

Its not good thing to be other smart persons in this board ;)

As about the kidos* with the big mouth , i will say do not bother with them .

They have big mouth , and small computers ( the dad canot spent more money - so the son cames in the forum and breaks our balls) .
As old dogs that we are , we have Above the averige in power computers and we are happy with our selfs too.

Do you know how muts ***** i have get from kidos in the BBS and forums ?
And becauce i am foringner ,they are more hostile than the normal ..

My advice to you is this , If you run out from this BBs for the reasons that you have just say , i will say to you that you can not survive in any BBs , so you have to stop using them .

Fight it or Runnnn ..

The choice is yours .

* Kidos = the age is not the issue, the way of thinkink is .... :)

TEH WIN
10-27-01, 03:32 PM
Look at that. 0 yes, 20 no.

also... you should come back to general forum. You cant tell anything ever happened

el bob
10-27-01, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by syncmaster
As one TOP GUN tech that i am , i will say go .

Its not good thing to be other smart persons in this board

LOL, hey I thought I was top gun tech?! :D :D

<for those of you who are confused about this quote and response please remember that sync is just is being sarcast, at least i think he is :D >

syncmaster
10-27-01, 05:24 PM
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rotfl:

terrancelam
10-27-01, 05:35 PM
so I'm trying to wait till sunday to post and check this thread, but just wanted to thank everyone that has posted far for their support. I am however curious, any reasons from those who voted yes?

m4a2t0t
10-27-01, 05:38 PM
ok terrancelam if u leave im going with yard to kick ur a$$
u cant leave.i cant remember how times you helped me fix my puter
it wouldnt be the same without ya

colour
10-27-01, 05:46 PM
lol sync gets funnier everyday

m4a2t0t
10-27-01, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by colour

yeah remember that time when you introduced us to your make believe girl friend?

remember?

remember?

ouch!:rotfl:

syncmaster
10-27-01, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by colour
lol sync gets funnier everyday

Only if i really wan to ;)

RoundEye
10-27-01, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by terrancelam
........ I am however curious, any reasons from those who voted yes?.......

I voted no, but I'll tell you this, I always tell people to not ask me a question if they are not ready for a honest answer. Don't ask if you are not ready.

syncmaster
10-27-01, 08:55 PM
Roundeye you fill up the room with fog , next time try to be more revieling . :)

RoundEye
10-28-01, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by syncmaster
Roundeye you fill up the room with fog , next time try to be more revieling . :)

Did I fart? :rotfl:

What I was getting at is, he asked "who voted "yes" I should leave"

If someone replies, "I voted yes, because you're a d!ck"

Don't get pissed, because you asked and got an honest answer.

Don't ask a question, if you're not ready for an honest answer, and don't get pissed at them if they tell you the truth, because you asked for it.

syncmaster
10-28-01, 11:08 AM
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa ....

Youhooooo i am a D!ck .. :rotfl:

At list i am not a puss! ,like some others around here ..

By the way , do you know what we do in Greece the people that gives so easely awnsers like yours .

We send them to Bill Landen , and he stuff them with anthrax .

terrancelam
10-28-01, 12:31 PM
I would ignore something idiotic like that, because it has no base. So what if I'm a ****, does that mean I don't jack about computers? I was ready a for an honest answer from my peers from the very moment I posted this poll. Maybe you have something your not saying Roundeye? I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just very curious as to why your pressing this point.

syncmaster
10-28-01, 01:58 PM
Its better to froze the all story and stop it right here ..

There is no any gain ,from all of this .

At the bottom line no ones wan to get married with any one in the forums , we not need every one to be possitive at our face .

The most stupit thing that i have see in alot Forums is that some people to take everything too personal , spesial in forums that all the users is anonymous :rotfl:

Personly i do not expect from any one to like me , or make me, hes baddy , or say thanks for my 990 messages in this forum ,that the 2/3 of them was to help others .

Final line , if some one is looking for friends , just close the computer , and go out , to find them ..

terrancelam
10-28-01, 03:21 PM
I've gotten what I needed to know out of this. Thanks sync.