PDA

View Full Version : To All those that keep asking for a Video Card from me, Update:

Brent
10-26-01, 09:45 PM
I believe I can evaluate the situation of my plethora of video cards at this time:

Basically I had (yes past tense) 8 REGULAR GeForce3's in my house for review and the shootout. An MSI, VisionTek, Abit, Asus, Hercules, Gainward, Morpheus and PNY. I had to give ALL of them back to Kyle, I did not get to keep 1 of them. This is because after all they are HIS cards and he does pay me for each review therefore they are technically his and he said he has promised cards to people that have helped him a great deal with things. Basically he has people owed a card which comes before anyone I may want to give away or sell a card to. Right now I only have 1 GeForce3 in my house and it's the Asus one and I'm using it to get comparitive scores for for some upcoming reviews. I have to give this one back to Kyle when i'm done as well.

Now as for the other cards I have recieved:

I did get an Abit GeForce2 MX-400 which is mine to keep
I did get a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 Kyro 2 I get to keep

both of these I do want to keep and not give away or sell, esepcially the Kyro 2.

Now it starts to get even more complicated. Some companys specifically to my knowledge PNY and VisionTek have it on their address mailing lists to send all new cards directly to me. Out of what they send me do i get to keep I do not know at this time.

Currently in my possesion are:

VisionTek GeForce3 Ti 500
VisionTek GeForce3 Ti 200
VisionTek GeForce2 Ti
VisionTek Personal Cinema

ATI Radeon 7500

Out of these I am 100% sure I will get to keep the GF2 Ti, the Radeon 7500 and the Personal Cinema. I am not sure about the Ti 200 or 500 at this time. BUT

PNY is sending me all their Ti stuff next, so I will have 2 Ti 500's in which case i'm almost positve I will get to keep at least 1.

Now IF and I say a big IF i get to keep more after all that or get to keep em all is when i will even think about Giveaways/selling/whatever. I do not have an estimate on time when that will be.

I also have Kyle's Radeon 8500 coming, however this is his ONLY Radeon 8500 so I'm not sure if he will want it back or not. It's a full retail package.

That's all I know at this time, so basically I didn't get to keep as many as I thought I was going to be able to, so at this point I have NO cards to giveaway or sell :(

I'm sorry, my fireplace is a lot more bare now lol

But I am really anxious at looking at the Radeon 7500 and especially 8500 in comparison to the GF3 Ti 500's etc.... It'll be some neat stuff to play with.

Also here is some info you may or may not h ave heard yet. There WILL be a Kyro 2 Ultra, which I will get one. And then the Kyro 3 by Christmas or slightly after which I will get. So basically I have reivews lined up Through to 2002 lol

m4a2t0t
10-26-01, 10:09 PM
lot of work ahead;)

terrancelam
10-26-01, 11:28 PM
You don't have to give things away to win our love brent(the people in the tech forum)! :)
but still I'd
"step over (my) own mother to get on!" - Homer Simpson

KANO
10-27-01, 11:48 AM
hope the G3 prices drop b4 xmas.

MartialArtist12
10-27-01, 03:59 PM
Gimme any card that you have. I'm looking for an AGP card for my old system. Anything will do.

Zmoney
10-27-01, 04:18 PM
good luck brent..have fun man.

YARDofSTUF
10-27-01, 04:36 PM
just lemme know when i got the cash :)