PDA

View Full Version : xp drivers

KANO
10-25-01, 06:59 PM
im looking for a driver for the herc prophet 32mb gts. ive just downloaded the 2000 driver from there site, its working ok but when i run 3d mark 2000 half the pic is off the screen.

syncmaster
10-25-01, 07:23 PM
why you do not install windows 2000 over the driver , and your problems will found one end .

:rotfl:

I have plenty of humor this days :D

KANO
10-25-01, 07:34 PM
hahaha *cough bloody greeks* very funny.

im having the same problem with my fish tank screen saver, has to mean the driver is not suited to this OS.

i think my games will do this aswell.

Qwijib0
10-25-01, 09:38 PM
get the nvidia reference drivers... the latest det's work with XP

Ohh! Ooh! I'm a link... CLICK ME!!!! (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000)

KANO
10-26-01, 11:07 AM
thanks for the link, but ive used the dets b4, my herc dont like them, i lose over 4k score in 3dmark 2000.

YARDofSTUF
10-26-01, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by KANO
thanks for the link, but ive used the dets b4, my herc dont like them, i lose over 4k score in 3dmark 2000.

really well thats messed up cuz those are teh drivers that should work for it lol

KANO
10-26-01, 11:42 AM
when i first installed winxp, by default it set up my herc card with the nvidia drivers.

im scoreing almost 9k in 3dmark 2000, but like i said above, half the page is missing.

with the nvidia drivers my score was way to low.

syncmaster
10-26-01, 08:20 PM
I have the solution for your problem .....

You do not have real problem with the driver , your problem is that wen 3D aplications is running ,your monitor changes refresh rate .
And your monitor is not adjusted right for this refresh rates .

Now this is the medisine ...

First find out by the Display Properies window , at settings... advanced ... tab your current refresh rate .

Second .. from the command run ... type .. dxdiag....
At the tab More Help , click the box overide ...
Type in your curent refresh rate ...

Run your 3D aplications now and enjoy :2cool:

KANO
10-26-01, 09:23 PM
my monitor has a auto refresh rate, i fixed the problem. all i had to do was load the screen saver, which is a 3d fish tank, and adjust the monitor by moving the display back to the center of the screen.

but thanks for the help, if it was not auto refresh, then what you said could have been one of the things to try.

syncmaster
10-27-01, 02:20 PM
Smart reply , but still i have the uper hand ..

How can you know your refresh rates, that your 3D games work at ??

If you monitor can tell about it its fine , but , is the refresh rate like 100 Mhz , or lower ??

KANO
10-27-01, 06:28 PM
hi when i launch a game or some programs, abox pops up and adjust the refresh rate, in fact its something i would like to stop but cant seem to turn it off.