PDA

View Full Version : Read this Rage3D thread...

Gaming-Module
10-25-01, 01:01 AM
ATI admits to crippling image quality in order to win Q3A benchmarks.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33586737&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Prey521
10-25-01, 01:06 AM
Damn you Macho, I was just gonna post that :mad:

LOL, seems like ATI's been caught cheating :rotfl:

www.rageunderground.com

Gaming-Module
10-25-01, 01:17 AM
Yeah...it's sad really.

I keep getting more and more reasons to cancel my Dell order by the day, and my source for most of these reasons is the company itself (as opposed to consumer second thoughts).

YARDofSTUF
10-25-01, 06:30 AM
well Q3 fans should be happy lol

i dunno i wanna see the driver update and how it does, but i plan on getting one

terrancelam
10-25-01, 08:20 AM
marketing sells and Nvidia unfortunately has alot of companies selling that overall marketing add of certain benchmarks. however true that maybe, I'm thinking of going over to Nvidia with my next videocard. The only bad experience I ever had with a Nvidia chipset was the TnT2/m64.

Brent
10-25-01, 10:45 AM
once i get my 8500 and with the new drivers i'll be sure to compare image quality in q3 and see if they fixed it or just left the 'cheat' there in the new drivers, so i'll touch on that subject as well......

YARDofSTUF
10-25-01, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Brent
once i get my 8500 and with the new drivers i'll be sure to compare image quality in q3 and see if they fixed it or just left the 'cheat' there in the new drivers, so i'll touch on that subject as well......

pls mention the image quality compared to the GF3 cards too

HongKongPolice
10-25-01, 05:01 PM
ATi are a bunch of lazy bastards, instead of making the drivers better, they cheat.....

There is absolutely no reason to decrease the image quality JUST in Q3 EXCEPT for the purposes of getting higher benchmarks...

I hope this gets posted on cNet or something so EVERY1 would know.....

Iradium
10-25-01, 05:13 PM
I own a ATi Radeon card and a GeForce 3 card and although I think that by lowering the quality in Q3 for performance is a cheap way to win in benchmarks, but what about Nvidia decreasing visual quality in Det4's to increase performance? That's much worse than decreasing the quality in just 1 game don't you think? I know I'm gonna get a lot of replys saying they didn't decrease the quality in det4's but take it from a fellow GF3 user, THEY DID!