PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking

twiztidcomp
10-24-01, 09:15 AM
I want to overclock my computer but i was told that the right way to do it is that i have to get a very sharp tip pencil and a magnifying glass and take my processor and put a line through all the cache. That is what I heard i don't know if it is the right way though.

Nitrogen Ace
10-24-01, 11:54 AM
Do Athlon 1Ghz have locked Multiplyers?? I am unsure any way before you start overclocking make sure that you have a good heat sink and fan and plenty of cooling in your PC.

There are plenty of guides for overclocking Athlons around I rccomend the one over at www.tweak3d.net

drdoug99
10-24-01, 01:55 PM
you dont want to put a line though all the cache....only the L1 bridges, put the line to bridge the gap.

Use a pencil with the most graphite content, usually a #2 or better, i forget, since I've never done it.

www.athlonoc.com
www.amdmb.com
www.overclockers.com

check those out for better help

terrancelam
10-24-01, 06:20 PM
you'll need sufficient cooling for your cpu. There are alot of factors that come into play when ocing. Just to let you know, 1ghz tbirds have been known to reach 1.333 without a problem.

So what kind of hs/f solution do you currently have on your cpu?
What wattage is your powersupply?

YARDofSTUF
10-24-01, 06:51 PM
i think they are locked on teh 1ghz and the 1.2 was the start of the unlocked chips, also i thought it was the L1 adn L2 bridges?