PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried OZC PC 2700 RAM?

RoundEye
10-23-01, 11:17 PM
I've seen it for sale, but haven't seen any reviews. Is it quality, and does it run at the rated speeds?

el bob
10-23-01, 11:39 PM
It might, but I wouldn't recommend buying from OCZ. I've talked to wwaaayyyy too many people with dreadful purchase experiences with them.

Hmm, I'm trying to remember who used OCZ PC150 SDRAM and like it. I think that might of been Freckmoto. Not sure though, also might of been JDBlitz. Anybody remember? Anyway, the person liked it a lot.

drdoug99
10-23-01, 11:55 PM
whatever happened to Freckmoto? I think Jdblitz still posts every once in a while....but Freck was cool.

I"ve used OCZ, I like them personally. There packaging could be a little better....RAM and my Heatsink were just in a bubble padded envelope, with no OCZ markings.

But the products themselves have performed super. I'm using the PC150 SD RAM, I can get it to 140, any higher and it doesn't work, but that's all due to my motherboard being sucky.

Jesse23
10-24-01, 12:16 AM
i have 3 sticks of their pc 150 ram

i got it to 152

YARDofSTUF
10-24-01, 06:28 AM
i bought a total of 768 megs of ram from them, a mobo, cpu. vid card, and a HSF

and i had no problems, also ocz has been reforming over time for awhile now and their old rap does not fit teh much improved company. i like the site and store alot.

freckmoto still posts now and then

A_old
10-24-01, 07:19 AM
I've bought lots from em, they packaged well (for me..) and good cust. service if you can get ahold of them. I'm sure their ram is fine. it's lifetime warranty from em and pretested supposedly

Amro

BaLa
10-24-01, 01:13 PM
I've bought a Heatsink and a couple case fans from them no problems..

Shipping took a while, but it was around sept. 11th :rolleyes:

RoundEye
10-24-01, 02:19 PM
Are we talking about the same stuff? Unless I over looked it, you can't buy directly from them.

http://www.overclockerz.com/

HongKongPolice
10-24-01, 02:51 PM
http://www.theoverclockerzstore.com/

HongKongPolice
10-24-01, 02:53 PM
If you ask me, I don't think itz worth the extra cash and shipping cuz you could goto a local store 'n ask if they'll let you test out the ram to see if it works @ a certain speed, some stores will let you. The OCZ ***** is just pretested dimms, nothing special, same ns and specs as any other dimm.

RoundEye
10-24-01, 09:35 PM
Tiger, I wish I could find a local store that would let me test ram.

I would much rather support a local store, than order on the net.