View Full Version : Soundblaster Audigy

Jamie_R
10-23-01, 08:08 PM
Anybody tried one yet?
What do you think?
:D

monkeyhead
10-23-01, 09:46 PM
ive talked to peoples and they say if you already have a sblive card, you really wont hear much of a difference.

A_old
10-23-01, 10:05 PM
really? i thought it was supposed to be lots better

Amro

HongKongPolice
10-23-01, 10:26 PM
Itz all fukin hype. Sure, you'll get better 3D audio preformance 'n *****z, but who REALLY uses 3D audio ALL the time?? Most ppl still got their comps hooked up to 2 speaker stereos @ the best. Setting up 3D speakers is a real pain in the a$$ cuz you've gotta have speakers behind you 'n this 'n that, not every1 has space. I know I don't cuz i wouldn't want 2 speakers sitting on the floor in the middle of my room.....

Basically, ever since the 16Bit Soundblaster wavetable came out, there was basically nothing else you could REALLY improve..

Qwijib0
10-23-01, 10:48 PM
my audigy sounds awesome compared to my live! (maybe it was cause I overclocked my pci bus and killed the right channel on my live... :rotfl:)

but seriously, with nice headphones or my sony 5.1 receiver, the audigy is great. unless I had the surround receiver i prolly wouldn't have got it.... but it's pretty sweet in Dolby 5.1 with dvd rips ;)