PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 CD-RW Drives!

Prey521
10-19-01, 01:43 AM
Hey peeps, just read this over at PCWorld.com. It was written by a chick, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it :D :rotfl: JK

If ya notice, the Plextor isn't in the top 5 ;)

www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,64443,00.asp

The Yamaha Lightspeed is the one I want, but it's too expensive right now, I'll wait til it drops, but damn, that sucka has an 8 Meg buffer :eek:

BaLa
10-19-01, 02:38 AM
If I were to get a new one..
I'd go with the TDK b/c of the price..

but looking at the times are not that impressive..

My 8x X 4x X 32x HP CD-Writer takes a WHOLE 10 mins for a CD..
which is a little more than 2x the speed of the TDK
with 4 mins..

hmm
8x4 = 24
10/4= 2.5
2.5x8= 20

syncmaster
10-19-01, 05:15 AM
At list , they have YAMAHA in to the game , isnt that something !!

No one can understen womans thats a fact :rotfl:

A_old
10-19-01, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Prey521
Hey peeps, just read this over at PCWorld.com. It was written by a chick, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it :D :rotfl: JK

If ya notice, the Plextor isn't in the top 5 ;)

www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,64443,00.asp

The Yamaha Lightspeed is the one I want, but it's too expensive right now, I'll wait til it drops, but damn, that sucka has an 8 Meg buffer :eek:

lol pc world? stopped reading those morons about 10 years ago....2nd isn't tdk's made by plex? i thought they were maybe i'm wrong.

Amro

downhill
10-19-01, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Amro

lol pc world? stopped reading those morons about 10 years ago....2nd isn't tdk's made by plex? i thought they were maybe i'm wrong.

Amro

The 8X's were Plextor's. Not sure about the 24X, but TDK used (I think) the sanyo drive for the 16X's and the 12X's.

Hell_Yes alerted us a while back that Cost Co had them for $129 dollars. I've seen them as low as $139 from various online vendors.

I just bought the 16x version from BestBuy.com for $79 after rebate.

The CostCo here, hasn't stocked the 24X version as of yet. I'll be a 2 burner man when they do.