PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to wire a hifi to a pc? pic of amp in post.

KANO
10-18-01, 06:39 PM
http://www.efouhy.fsnet.co.uk/Dcp02439.jpg

i dont have a clue where to start, i would like to wire this amp to my pc, if you know how please post and tell me wat leads and where to plug them in thanks.

Qwijib0
10-18-01, 06:48 PM
Use a 1/8 stereo to dual RCA cable to connect from the speaker jack in your sound card to the DAT PLAY IN connector on the rear of your stereo. Then select the DAT source when you want to listen to your computer

KANO
10-18-01, 06:54 PM
lol its that easy, i thought it was a bigger job.

http://www.voyetra-turtle-beach.com/site/products/accessories/producthome.asp#2malerca

thats the lead i found from google after your post.

Qwijib0 thanks alot, for the help.

The Devil
10-18-01, 07:23 PM
Yeah man, QED. Got my comp hooked up to my vintage 1972 Kenwood 130w/ch. sys. Screw "PC" speaker systems!

TD

KANO
10-19-01, 10:31 AM
its all set up now, i should have done this years ago. it sounds great kenwood amp and tannoy speakers, and my soundblaster 5.1 s-card it rocks :)

anyone thinking of doing this should do it.

downhill
10-19-01, 11:05 AM
Computer sits to far away from my stereo. Too bad.....

Still....I do a little sound editing from time to time, and mp3's from old records you can't find released in CD format. During those times, I move the computer.....and get several done at once.

Easto
10-19-01, 12:57 PM
Yeah, its the way to go. I keep reading posts about different sound cards, the sound quality etc. No one ever seems to realize that you can do this. If anyone has a stereo amp near their computer you should be doing this.

KANO
10-22-01, 01:29 PM
ok ive only just noticed, only one of my hifi speakers is playing?

Use a 1/8 stereo to dual RCA cable to connect from the speaker jack in your sound card to the DAT PLAY IN connector on the rear of your stereo. Then select the DAT source when you want to listen to your computer

done what Qwijib0 said, is it only able to play the one channel? i think not, maybe its a bad rca lead, if you know that 2 speakers should work then post so i can try and fault find thanks..

onetrueday
10-22-01, 01:33 PM
I used to do this a while back, but you MUST BE careful. Those speakers you are using are not properly shielded like pc speakers are. You have to keep them away from your monitor, cable modem and other pc components. I started to get a wierd color in my monitor, along with have problems with my cable modem; due to having my little speakers that ran from my kenwood reciever too close to my critical components.

KANO
10-22-01, 01:36 PM
hi ya im careful, the speakers are on the wall right over the other side of the room, i still use the clabs 5.1 speakers aswell, around my pc.

syncmaster
10-22-01, 01:42 PM
Heh this Amp looks almost like my KENWOOD KA-7020.
I also have the KENWOOD EQ GE-7030 .

Its hard to find today so High-end pieces in the market .

In my case , i have take sound from the Amps head phones jacks ,
and sending it to my sound card , i have very good PC speakers so i use them for anything .