PDA

View Full Version : Brent...getting anxious...when is Crush out?

YeOldeStonecat
10-16-01, 08:31 AM
OK, NFR copy of XP, Palo 1.53, and RAM is ready.....getting anxious for an Abit or Asus crush motherboard to show it's face....everything I read pointed to late Sept release...then delayed til early Oct...then not delayed....then can't find a thing about them.

I read it was delayed cuz nVidia had some issues....then read that was false...

I read it was waiting for the retail release of WinXP...cuz it was only to officially support XP and on up...then read that they changed their minds, that it would support prior OS's.

Have ya heard anything? Like will da Cat have a new system by the time he's eating a fat stuffed turkey? I was hoping to by the time little trick-or-treaters were knocking at my door. I have potential buyers for my below system, gotta give them a date.

HongKongPolice
10-16-01, 03:50 PM
You don't want the 1st release of the Crush cuz itz not much better than a KT266A setup, and if you use the onboard video, it drags it down even more. Wait for the Crush18 next yr.

didn't you read the review?
http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1535

YeOldeStonecat
10-16-01, 04:55 PM
I'm not worried about onboard video....gonna be disabled, keeping the Asus v8200 in my current rig.

Yeah, read that review the day it came out...Anandtech is one of my morning daily stops.

It performs close enough to the KT266A where I'll take the wee-ist of performance loss (they may gain some, this was an early production model they tested) against a chipset I'll vow to never own again. (hate Via in case you haven't read any posts of mine)

Can't wait til next year...gotta build in a month....it's been over 6 months since I've built my current rig. I upgrade at least once a year.

YARDofSTUF
10-16-01, 05:03 PM
crush 18 comes out next year as in january or as in like 365 days from now?

HongKongPolice
10-16-01, 06:31 PM
Rich bastard......

downhill
10-17-01, 09:48 AM
Stonecat, here's an interesting article.

Nforce is ready to roll big-time in Europe, with Plus getting a smart and somewhat exclusive deal in Germany on the 26th.

Our friends at Asus are already shipping products - and so is MSI (Microstar), with Asus pushing out the Asus - A7N266, Asus - A7N266e, and MSI merrily flogging the very stable MS6367 uATX (420D + LAN), MS6367 uATX (220D without Lan), and MS6373 ATX (420D + LAN).

Here's a link to the article. (http://www.theinquirer.net/17100104.htm)

YeOldeStonecat
10-17-01, 10:54 AM
Hmmm....looks like it is tied in with the official retail release of XP, so realistically first week of November we can expect our favorite venders to have them here. Looks like 3 more weeks...

colour
10-17-01, 11:31 AM
isnt it a micro-atx board?

YeOldeStonecat
10-17-01, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by colour
isnt it a micro-atx board?

I believe the reference design was micro-atx...for OEMs...but enthusiast board makers such as ASUS and Abit, others, will have standard ATX designs.

The Asus that I'm after is here...

http://event.asus.com.tw/computex2001/product/mb_a7n266.asp