PDA

View Full Version : Preferred language?

Sadrok
10-11-01, 12:35 PM
So I REALLY wanna know, what is the most loved language around here.

SRF01
10-12-01, 08:49 AM
What I use most and what I prefer are 2 different things unfortunately. But to answer your question I prefer *cough VB cough*

Sadrok
10-12-01, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SRF01
What I use most and what I prefer are 2 different things unfortunately. But to answer your question I prefer *cough VB cough*

:) I don't have a problem with VB but I love C++.
It's unfortunate that many tertiary educational institutions in South Africa thinks that VB is THE programming language.

We've got for instance a diploma in VB plus MCSD but only a certificate in C++.

That sux.

Stu
10-12-01, 04:48 PM
I voted for C/C++, because it's what I use most. However, I'm one of those "old school" programmers--I use either the language that gets the job done faster depending on the situation, or the language I'm paid to use. After all, all languages use pretty much the same concepts--just the syntax is different.

Grimson
10-15-01, 10:04 PM
What exactly is FoxPro?? My step dad gave it to me with VB 6, I haven't really tried to use it yet so I can't really vote for one but he seems to like VB.

:)

Sadrok
10-16-01, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by grimson
What exactly is FoxPro?? My step dad gave it to me with VB 6, I haven't really tried to use it yet so I can't really vote for one but he seems to like VB.

:)

grimson, not exactly sure about foxpro, but I think it has something to do with writting database driven applications.

Stu
10-16-01, 04:21 PM
FoxPro is very similar to what Access is (a database and interface tool). It's not as easy to use as Access, but its built in database engine is supposed to be more scalable (it's capable of storing more data than Access). Also, interfaces built with FoxPro are not as Windows-like as Access (they look more like X-Motif circa 1993--at least all the ones I've seen).

2Bullish
10-18-01, 08:59 AM
PHP is conspicuous by its absence