PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Windows 200 Pro

Boyington
08-09-01, 10:48 PM
I have for sale a copy of Windows 2000 Professional. This is not a copy or an upgrade but a full OEM version

If interested please contact me

Price is 150 dollars or best offer

Team wĄcKeD
08-11-01, 11:16 AM
Who is the OEM? Gateway, Compaq, Dell, etc.? The reason I am asking is because I used to work for an OEM and the Win 2K cd's from them would not work on any other system but one made by that OEM. It is a new anti-piracy thing Microsoft is doing. What happens is that, let's say it is a Gateway OEM CD. When installing, it goes through the initial install and reboots. On reboot, it checks the BIOS for a certain string placed by the OEM. If that string is not found, an error pops up stating that this is not a Gateway (or dell, compaq, etc.). I have tried with different OEM copies on my generic built system and all have errored out the same way. Microsoft implemented this so that people couldn't burn copies of their OEM OS (even Win ME does it now) and then sell the original at swap meets.

Boyington
08-11-01, 07:13 PM
This is not an OEM I meant to post a correction on my post it is a full version not an OEM

aagiants
08-11-01, 11:54 PM
around here u aint gunna get 150$$ most be already have it, and for the people who dont, they get it for much cheaper around here. I aint falmin u or nethin, just ellin u that u aint gunna get newhere close to that amount

Boyington
08-12-01, 08:40 PM
oh i will get it

Especially If i know people or people around here want it

I know you aint flamin me but i will get what i want outta it

onetrueday
08-15-01, 04:20 AM
have you gotten it yet?

aagiants
08-15-01, 11:30 AM
one user, i will leave unamed is giving it free

Honz
08-16-01, 09:44 PM
It is illegal for you to sell it to anybody. So if I was going to do it illegally I would just get it for free.

catngo
08-16-01, 10:03 PM
hey, i have windows 2000 advance server selling for 50 bucks. This one is unlimited connection.

CiscoKid
08-19-01, 11:24 PM
eh, as I understand it form my MS OEM delaer newsletter, Win2k versions have a one CD to machine anti-piracy program buit in so that once it was installed on a machine, MS would become aware of it on the latest versions. Only corporate CD's that don't need serials would be able to be used on more than one machine or if the machine was off the network while the system was loaded. But then again, they have other methodes to register it

TinyTim
08-29-01, 03:25 AM
I did not think that Microsoft implemented that procedure of sewing in a id into the win2000 pro series. Thought that was just there idea for the windows XP series? But then again if Bill would like to get mad at others having un-liscenced copies of his material, kind of like stealing it, just think for a minute on where he got the basis for the whole windows idea (what windows is actaully based around)....who started the trend of stealing???:eek:

deksecurity
09-17-01, 06:47 PM
if anyone want it i give it out for free just pay for s&h ...:)

Pitch
10-02-01, 04:11 PM
deksecurity, I'm ready to buy a new system that I've been saving up for a year. I'd very much like to have Win2000 in it. Please let me know if your offer is still good? Thanks. :)