PDA

View Full Version : Cablenut 4/WinME registry error (posted on their site!)

DDELFIERRO
02-26-01, 02:30 AM
I've been using the Cablenut 4 patch since it came out and haven't seen any problems with it but the site noted today that the program was actually writing incorrect (but apparently benign) info into the WinME registry.
Like I said, no problems thusfar but not a big leap in speed as far as I can see. Does this mean that in the original C4 patch does not actually tweak WinME's settings (at the moment, that is) and therefore I shouldn't be actually seeing an improvement yet? What could the incorrect settings do and what should I be on the look out for?
Just wanted to know for sure so I can be determine if I should consider a different tweak in the meantime until the fixed version is posted.

Storm90
02-26-01, 03:56 AM
It was setup so you can do your own tweaking for your os. Plus it helps out this way with some peoples providers. In which some of his older tweaks didn't work that well with. Just read the Tcpip.htm for you os. This should give you a ideal as of what will work for you. Plus if the rwin don't work for you . You have the option to change it. The same with rest of the tweaks. Just try different settings till you hit upon the ones that work for you. This is really the best way to learn tweaking your system. No two systems may tweak a like. I have three computers and each one of them need different settings for rwin and ttl in order to achieve their speed. Good Luck! ;)

DDELFIERRO
02-26-01, 04:44 PM
While I can always do that, I may as well wait for the corrected patch to be posted... No big hurry.

cablenut
02-26-01, 04:47 PM
Well yeah :)

Lobo
02-26-01, 04:49 PM
It's easy to fix and makes big difference, no big deal, they were just trying to get it out, great work guys :eek:

cablenut
02-27-01, 12:12 AM
Well if you want WinME to work you would have to apply the fix that is posted on the main page.

DDELFIERRO
02-27-01, 04:59 AM
I couldn't resist the allure of manually tweaking the registry...
O.K., with the WinME modified registry in place I see a definite improvement in speed. So, in response to my own previous post - the Cablenut 4 tweak w/WinME fix in place definitely helped me where 3.5 didn't seem to make too much difference.