PDA

View Full Version : New!! Version 1.33 for Folding@Home now available

DIDS
02-03-01, 06:54 AM
Download for the Screen Saver version (http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/winsaver133.exe)

Download for the Client Version (http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/winclient133.exe)

Details about the new version (http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/Cosm/wininstall.html)

Ken you might want to update the links for the downloads in this Thread (http://www.speedguide.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000046).

Lets get Folding people. :)

[ 02-03-2001: Message edited by: DIDS ]

blebs
02-03-01, 09:23 AM
Do we have to uninstall the previous version and then install the newer version or will it overwrite itself? I've been stuck running beta hairpins and just started a new run.
Let me know and when this run is done, I'll do what I have to do! ;)

DIDS
02-03-01, 09:46 AM
You may want to wait until they come out with the next version. I got the following from our friends over at DSL Reports Team Helix. There seems to be a problem with it defaulting to a different Team and giving that team the credit for your work.

Important Note for Version 1.33
Because of the new checkpointing system, if version 1.33 is installed over your old version of F@H it will lose any (semi-)processed units currently being folded. The best course of action is to complete the existing work, de-install and then install version 1.33 afresh. Make a copy of your client.cfg file to copy into the new installation directory!

New features include:

[All versions]
- Completely new checkpointing system. Can now be closed without using Ctrl-C & will most probably recover the last unit being processed. This includes crashes, power failures, earthquakes, etc...

[All Console Versions]
- "Ask before connect" support in console versions for modem users(use fah -config to set it up).
- Improvements in user output (counter now starts from the previous unit completed).

[Solaris]
- Most libraries statically linked (Solaris 2.7 or higher is needed to run). Note: Still problems with work unit counts, etc (to be fixed).

[Windows Console]
- Feature to start up automatically with windows. Must be installed into the default directory for this (C:\Program Files\Folding@Home).

Downloads:
winsaver133
winclient133
linclient133
solclient133

Re: Important Note for Version 1.33
Good morning gizmo,
A word of caution considering 1.33: if you install to an old directory, even after uninstalling the old f@h version first, chances are that you won't get asked the configuration questions and that you'll end up using the default client.cfg which includes a reference to "email=PandeGroup"...There is also work.dat and associated files included when 1.33 is installed, so do at least two things:
1)copy your old client.cfg over the new one if you use "PandeGroup"
2) remove the work.dat from the first install: we don't want Stanford getting back thousands of identical first WUs...

Seems to have been thrown together in a bit of a hurry.
Waiting for 1.33b
Jerome

blebs
02-03-01, 10:01 AM
Thanks DIDS:
I saw that over there awhile back and thought maybe, just maybe, they got the bugs worked out. After doing so many beta hairpins, I'm in NO hurry to have another team get the credit for them! They take, what seems like forever, to complete! :D

DIDS
02-03-01, 10:17 AM
When I get home from work to day, I will try to figure out a way to get 1.33 to work. If I do I will post the how to here.

DIDS
02-03-01, 12:37 PM
I gave it a try and I think it would probably be better to wait for the next version. I get opening errors for certain files, but then it starts to run like everything is fine. I reverted my Hard Drive back to before I installed the new version. I plan on waiting for the next verion.

SeedOfChaos
02-03-01, 02:21 PM
The new version is slow as molasses, if you ask me. :(

Scoot
02-03-01, 05:59 PM
Well I joined up today and went to the sight and got the new version because both downloads on your main link were for screensaver versions. I figured I would go for the console if I was going to do it :)
It installed fine for me and has created 23 frames in half an hour. Is that good?
When does your name show up on the stats?
Nice to know I can help discover cures for diseases.

Charlie
02-03-01, 06:36 PM
Hey Scoot,
Glad you signed, welcome to the Team.
Well it depends, on what you get, and how fast your system is.

∑ Hairpins fastest
∑ Villins
∑ Villindes seem to run longer than villins
∑ Actin bindings are the worst of all They seem to take forever

They should up date about every 3 .hrs 6 at the most Iíve been told.

Charlie

Scoot
02-03-01, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Charlie:
Hey Scoot,
Glad you signed, welcome to the Team.
Well it depends, on what you get, and how fast your system is.

∑ Hairpins fastest
∑ Villins
∑ Villindes seem to run longer than villins
∑ Actin bindings are the worst of all They seem to take forever

They should up date about every 3 .hrs 6 at the most Iíve been told.

Charlie

Hey Charlie,
Hope you guy's don't mind me "swiping" the folding at home SG logo for my sig ;)
I think the whole group should add it to help advertise.

How do you know what you are working on?
My DOS box only tells me how many frames I have completed. (61 so far)
Thanks

Charlie
02-03-01, 07:01 PM
Hot off the PRESS!!!

Got this off Yahoo

Date: Sat Feb 3, 2001 6:29pm
Subject: *** Bugfix in v 1.33

Hi,

It appears that before I made the v1.33 EXE I did a test run & then
forgot to remove the user files created by F@H... hence the
PandeGroup name and userid in the windows console version. This 'bug'
has been fixed and a new version is at
http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/winclient133b.exe

(Only applies to the windows console version).

The time bug reported is actually not a bug: the client displays the
server timestamp for the work unit, so it is a few hours away from
the actual download time. It was included only because we thought it
would be a useful indicator to you despite the time skew. However,
we've removed it from 1.33b because it'll probably be more trouble
than its worth.

Aside from these problems (now fixed) there are no significant bugs
introduced in 1.33 over 1.32, and many improvements, so downloading
it is recommended. There are always teething problems, but those
should be over now. We rely on readers of this group for beta-
testing, and you've been doing a great job so far.

Keep up the good work,

- siraj

Hey Scoot,
Check the scrlog in folding folder.

Charlie

No problem with the logo. I got it off of John

striderf1
02-03-01, 07:47 PM
i just got 1.33b, i hope it works just as good as the old version.