PDA

View Full Version : folding & seti at one time

mikemean
02-06-01, 01:41 PM
I no longer am running seti and folding at the same time. I have a celeron 633, 128 mb ram on win me. When I run them both at the same time, folding seems to be ok, but it take an extraordinary amount of time to process a seti unit. The first time when I was running them both at the same time, it took seti over 80 hours to do just one unit! I figured I would continue to run them both to see if seti just had a big unit, but as it turns out, when I have them both running it takes seti a long time to do one unit. Usually when I only run set, I can do 2,3, or 4 units a day. When running them both I only get one unit done a day, if that. So currently I am only running the folding right now trying to figure out how to manage the 2 time wise.

Charlie
02-06-01, 03:21 PM
Same here Mike. Iím in the process of building a New computer (Check my post in hardware) (http://forums.speedguide.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001895)
maybe you can give me some ideas

Thanks
Charlie

mikemean
02-06-01, 04:10 PM
I can't really give you any ideas on building a computer since I have never built one. On the seti/folding deal I am only running folding right now. I will probably do one day of folding and then one day of seti.

Charlie
02-06-01, 04:32 PM
I tried that in the beginning but some how Folding won that battle. I guess I'm more concerned about helping to find a cure than ET right now. But that may change.
Thanks any way.
Charlie