PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, please verify that you are on ....

JANDOENT
01-31-01, 05:19 PM
This page (http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/search?q=Speedguide.net+Team) and you have (Speedguide.net Team) exactly like this

We are not getting credited for the following people. They have entered some info incorrectly. Even though they are shown on the above page, their totals ARE NOT being credited to our overall score.

Jessie (I know that he is having puter problems and not running the program now) had entered (Speedguide.Net Team)
The "N" should be lower case...

AkqLiquid had entered (Speedguide.net team) The "t" should be capital T

lvslr had entered Speedguide.net Team. This must have parenthesis ()

These can not be changed and credited to the team. You must uninstall the program, deletethe "FoldingatHome" folder that is located in "Program files" and re install the program from scratch...

------------------
Inquiring minds want to know...

John
01-31-01, 07:19 PM
Listen to the man.

kadar
02-01-01, 02:14 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JANDOENT:
You must uninstall the program, deletethe "FoldingatHome" folder that is located in "Program files" and re install the program from scratch...
[/B]</font>

There are a couple of ways to edit your configuration.
1. You can use a program called FReg
http://www.teameggroll.com/dev/FReg/freg.zip
I have not personally used this, it edits both the registry and the client.cfg
2. Edit the client.cfg using notepad. When you open client.cfg you see a line like this:
[settings]
email=sitosterol(Speeguide.net Team)
server=folding.stanford.edu
port=10101
ask=n
userid=123456789123456
[firewall]
active=n
Just make the changes you need, such as the username:
email=sitosterol(Speedguide.net Team)
And then set the
userid=0
If you use this method without editting the registry you will need to use the -local switch. To make it easier to use the switch I make a simple .bat file located in the program directory. In the file I put this line:
fah.exe -local
What this does is run the program using only the client.cfg file and not from the registry.

lizard_boy
02-01-01, 06:58 AM
how soon should i show up on this page ??

i downloaded the program and i cut & pasted the team name from the front page of speedguide so i assume everything was spelled right:

lizard_boy (Speedguide.net Team)

is this right ??

DIDS
02-01-01, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by lizard_boy:
how soon should i show up on this page ??

i downloaded the program and i cut & pasted the team name from the front page of speedguide so i assume everything was spelled right:

lizard_boy (Speedguide.net Team)

is this right ??

You have your name and team correct. If you are running the client console. Work units usually complete within 3-4 hours, and show up few hours after that. If you complete a unit by 8:00 am. You should be listed around Noon.

Welcome To The Team! :)

AoDLiQuiD-M3tH
02-01-01, 07:26 AM
yeah I know i got to change my name but havent been home yet hopefully tonight Ill be home :D