PDA

View Full Version : Are you giving up?

RicRogue
02-15-01, 01:22 PM
I am asking everyone this question. According to http://users.neosmart.com/hruzaden/folding/stats/speedguide-stats.htm we have 68 members (not including the * ones), and only 42 have folded in the last 24 hours. For those of you that are only folding on one computer, and folding only like 3/day. It don't matter how high you are ranked on our team, we are a team. If you arn't folding why be on the team? We arn't doing these to see who can get the most computers running. We are doing this for the next generation, my children's generation. Hell, nothing we accomplish is probably going to be set to use for another 30-50 yrs. We need every fold. Ok...I have 3 computers....I will give away 2. If you are folding slow and want to go up in ranks, tell me and I will change my screenname to yours. There, the challenge is set. Bring it on.

Think about it,

RicRogue

SeedOfChaos
02-15-01, 02:06 PM
Folding quite slowly here, but as fast and as often (almost 24/7) as I can... But hey, I don't do this for the stats.

COME ON PEOPLE, WHERE'S THE SPIRIT???

WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!

ssjDoh
02-15-01, 02:26 PM
hehe...I've been recruiting some ppl to join...hehe got Fuberman :)

I'm also trying to make another friend join the team (he's on a gig t-bird)

I'm gonna load up my old laptop to fold as well...

RicRogue
02-15-01, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. It is really cool the way you are supporting the team and mission. The question and challenge is out there for the peeps that have stopped folding. I think they see all the members with the 100+ units, and think it is a race. The mission is simple:

Fold as many proteins that you can.

Not:

Who can fold the most.

Lets get modivated. When we first started we were folding fools. Now I believe it is slacking off a little.

Concerned,

RicRogue

Chris
02-15-01, 03:08 PM
Hey ric, we could change all the names on our boxes to Speedguide (Speedguide.net Team)
Then it is not an issue who folds more.But for the point of leavin names as they are. It does help me keep track if completed WU's are getting out, three machines are in kids rooms so i'm not there to watch, noticed a drop the other day, was able to pinpoint to a bad cable on one machine very quickly. But, if as a team, we want to make a new member name such as the one i mentioned above, then i'm all for it. Or, name your number 1 machine and all extra machines a generic Speedguide name.

fubarman
02-15-01, 03:23 PM
That's fubarman ssjDoh . . . it's no big deal man, you still my home dog, lol :D

BaLa
02-15-01, 03:24 PM
hmm, I just tried to check out http://users.neosmart.com/hruzaden/folding/stats/speedguide-stats.htm
and I got a 404.

I might be on the list I've been having probs with POS comp locking up. Also I have not explained to my dad how to shut down F@H properly.

RicRogue
02-15-01, 03:58 PM
I'm going to do just that, MartianGod. I'm going to change my name to:

Speedguide.net* (Speedguide.net Team)

*=any number

Thanks for the Idea,

RicRogue

gmcd33
02-15-01, 04:49 PM
This should be posted in the General forum. Most people who read this forum already post. I dont know what my problem is. All of my comps are running fine and I am hardly producing any results.

ssjDoh
02-15-01, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by fubarman:
That's fubarman ssjDoh . . . it's no big deal man, you still my home dog, lol :D

LOL, ya, I noticed that when I saw you on ICQ :)

hehe, my bad Fubarman

cobra25
02-16-01, 01:02 AM
well i'm using two pc's at home and one at work with the client version and one at work with the screensaver version

it ain't going to fast but it'll never be to slow

Noevo
02-16-01, 09:46 AM
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that even though it shows I stopped folding I havent. Reason is that I changed my username. originally I had two puters with two usernames (mine and my wifes). Since my wife's was constantly kicking my *ss I switched both clients to the same name, Andeeb (Speedguide.net Team). So that username is actually two computers. Just wanted to let all know that I am still folding! one 550PIII and a 800 Athlon T-Bird.