PDA

View Full Version : SOMETHING wrong with 1.34?!?

striderf1
02-14-01, 08:09 PM
Ok guys, I installed 1.34 strait from the stanford site, and that was after I had uninstalled 1.33. I still have the problem that after a few seconds it will close and not run. what gives? any ideas?

gmcd33
02-14-01, 08:19 PM
I have 1.34 and its okay. Did you delete all the crap in the folding@home directory or just do an un-install. You must kill the entire directory and then re-install. The uninstall feature or add/remove programs uninstall sucks.

blebs
02-14-01, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by gmcd33:
I have 1.34 and its okay. Did you delete all the crap in the folding@home directory or just do an un-install. You must kill the entire directory and then re-install. The uninstall feature or add/remove programs uninstall sucks.

That's the only way any installs of the 2 versions of done so far have worked. Keep a copy of you client config file somewhere though. I do that and then edit the user ID # in the new client config with the old user #. It's worked for me so far!

cobra25
02-15-01, 01:45 AM
well i didn't uninstall but installed right away, it apperantly installed right over the existing version. When i started it up it even began where the older version left of.

Scoot
02-15-01, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by striderf1:
Ok guys, I installed 1.34 strait from the stanford site, and that was after I had uninstalled 1.33. I still have the problem that after a few seconds it will close and not run. what gives? any ideas?

Try to remove the following files from your folding directory:
project.*
work.dat
serverip.dat
sd.dat
dynlog.txt
This should solve the problem.

striderf1
02-15-01, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Scoot:
Try to remove the following files from your folding directory:
project.*
work.dat
serverip.dat
sd.dat
dynlog.txt
This should solve the problem.

thanks for the reply guys, from what directory though?

striderf1
02-15-01, 09:49 PM
also, when I install it again, and I re-enter my name, should I enter it as StriderF1(Speedguide.net Team) , right?

Chris
02-15-01, 10:16 PM
yup !!!