PDA

View Full Version : Whats your reason for running folding?

Chris
02-14-01, 06:51 PM
My reasons to run...
Son, congenital heart disease
Wife, MS
Step Daughter Lukemia
Father, died Cancer
the list goes on, thems my reasons anyhow.
Just curiouse

RicRogue
02-14-01, 06:58 PM
I'm a nurse, so I see all kinds of patients. My hope is that with this small donation of my cpu, I may contribute to finding a cure that would end about half of the known diseases.

RicRogue

fubarman
02-14-01, 07:02 PM
To make an impact in the world for a good cause . . . the cause of life

ssjDoh
02-14-01, 07:23 PM
I justt hope that we can all make a difference. It would be nice if the users of folding@home were the reason why scientist found a cure for cancer.

Prey521
02-14-01, 07:34 PM
Lost my little bro to Leukemia when he was 7

striderf1
02-14-01, 08:07 PM
all of the above. also, granfather died from cancer.

blebs
02-14-01, 08:39 PM
Grandma was taken by cancer
Mother taken by Diabetes
Father taken by heart disease
many others past present and future!

I just would like to have the satisfaction of knowing that maybe we have made a huge difference in helping the Docs understand these things and help find cures for as many diseases as possible! :)

[ 02-15-2001: Message edited by: blebs99 ]

mikemean
02-14-01, 09:36 PM
Because I need to do something for the good of people and possibly find a cure for HIV. I don't have any diseases and don't want any.

[ 02-14-2001: Message edited by: mikemean406 ]

tekelberry
02-14-01, 11:33 PM
I do it for all of this. Think of some of those places like Africa where AIDS is going around like crazy, If we can just get a cure out of all of this it will stop! I was an idiot uninstalling that...ill re-install it 2morrow. Can someone give me the website again. Thanks!

BTW...I only mentioned AIDS. There are MANY MANY more diseases that should stop. Lets go cure some diseases!

SeedOfChaos
02-15-01, 06:16 AM
Grandfather died of cancer,
my brother died of cancer,
stepfather has diabetes,
I worked in a nursing home with many Alzheimer patients,
and of course every other cure that comes along. If our efforts save but one live, or make one live worth living again, it was damn worth it :)

Keep folding!!!!

Scoot
02-15-01, 06:21 AM
I am just really competitive and want to see my name move up the list :D :D

JK
You all have took the works out of my mouth.
My mom beat breast cancer last year after some horrible chemo and radiation. I would love to see science discover an easier way to beat cancer or other diseases without poisoning our bodies.

Noevo
02-16-01, 10:28 AM
a small price to pay for contributing to society. Everyone would help if they could...wouldn't they?

RicRogue
02-16-01, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by tekelberry:
I do it for all of this. Think of some of those places like Africa where AIDS is going around like crazy, If we can just get a cure out of all of this it will stop! I was an idiot uninstalling that...ill re-install it 2morrow. Can someone give me the website again. Thanks!

BTW...I only mentioned AIDS. There are MANY MANY more diseases that should stop. Lets go cure some diseases!

Welcome Back,

Click on my sig, that will bring you to our folding page.

RicRogue

BTW--I still may be moving to Milwaukee. Still up in the air.

-Knine-
02-16-01, 01:24 PM
I lost 3 grandparents to cancer. I also have diabetes and a spinal cord injury and feel there is not enough resaerch as it is into finding cures for debilitating diseases from lack of funding or intrest into that particular disease. So if spending a few resorsses and tieing up a lil bit of processor time to help science to make this world a healthier place to live then I am a fool for not takeing an active part in this galant effort to help humanity.