PDA

View Full Version : Folding 133b went corrupt!

gmcd33
02-14-01, 04:41 PM
I just came home and noticed folding wasnt running on the 866 box. I executed the program again and it loads, benchmarks and then disapears!. I re-booted the machine and tried again- same thing. I then launched folding with the task manager open under processes. As soon as folding launched, it appeared as fah underprocesses. Then when it disappeared, it would disappear under processes. No matter what I did, it wouldnt run. I uninstalled folding and deleted the config file and downloaded the new 134 version and all is okay. I now have to check if my other boxes have this problem.

schlurp
02-14-01, 05:06 PM
one way to fix this is to go to your f@home folder and delete your work file. Then it will download a new one and start it. I had to do this a few times because of corrupt work files. You lose the unit you were working on though.

gmcd33
02-14-01, 06:40 PM
I am guessing that the file you delete is the "work" file? Any others need to be deleted?

striderf1
02-14-01, 06:44 PM
were can I get the new version?

theshu
02-14-01, 07:02 PM
striderf1,

You can download it from here! http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/Cosm/windows.html

Only thing is when you run the install the prog says it is 1.33 still, just ignore and when you activate the console it will say the new version of 1.34.

schlurp
02-15-01, 07:26 AM
Yep, just the work file