PDA

View Full Version : IP conflict with Linksys WRT54GS router / D-Link DSL-2320B modem Windows XP SP3

bensound
07-13-11, 06:45 PM
Both this modem and router have the same IP address, 192.168.1.1. Right now only one computer can can connect. How can I change one or the other so the router will work with 2 or more computers online at the same time? Or is there some other problem? I am on DSL Extreme PPPOE.

YeOldeStonecat
07-13-11, 08:42 PM
Log into the Linksys web admin, change it's LAN IP to 192.168.0.1...write that down somewhere.
Once you save those settings...restart your computer so it picks up a correct 192.168.0.xxx address..change your default admin password to the Linksys, setup your wireless SSID, WPA2 security...all set.

bensound
07-14-11, 04:55 PM
I changed the router IP address as you suggested. My laptop (WinXP) can access the router as well as my desktop (WinVista). The laptop connects to the internet through the router and modem. The desktop can access the router but when I use my dsl extreme login it does not connect to the internet. I get an 815 error code.

The broadband network connection could not be established on your computer because the remote server is not responding. This could be caused by an invalid value for the 'Service Name' field for this connection. Please contact your Internet Service Provider and inquire about the correct value for this field and update it in the Connection Properties.

Whats next?

bensound
07-15-11, 10:27 PM
Did a different config. all online. thanks